Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

jackncoke wrote: »
    Is it worth going into tesco and asking them if they will have it at midnite?

Don't see why not, after all the game is offically released at midnight. I plan on going into Tesco a few days before release just to confirm that they will be selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Are Game getting the Special Edition? The manager here in Limerick said they aren't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

i just pre-ordered it in zavvi! got the limited edition card!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Is the release date of 29th set in stone or is there any hope that the game will be released earlier. Was really looking forward to playing this till I realised the realease date (I'm heading on world trip on May 1st so is 1 1/2 days play (if that!!) really worth 70 odd euro....)

Is the release date of 29th set in stone or is there any hope that the game will be released earlier. Was really looking forward to playing this till I realised the realease date (I'm heading on world trip on May 1st so is 1 1/2 days play (if that!!) really worth 70 odd euro....)

Well its not set in stone, but I'm 99.9% sure it won't be released earlier, it might be delayed by a week or 2 though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it will need to go gold in the next week and a half tbh if it's to make the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoindc

Only €56 in Harvey Normans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Anywhere but Gamestop. It's a personal matter, I really don't like the people who work down the local one

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Just booked it off play for €55 free delivery. Does anyone know whether they deliver on release on day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Just booked it off play for €55 free delivery. Does anyone know whether they deliver on release on day??

They'd normally ship it a couple of days before release day, but it can take a week for delivery. If a game is released on a Friday, I'd usually have it by the following Tuesday whenever I preorder with them...

• Advertisement

LeoGilly wrote: »

I have booked it from play.com as well, however I also booked the pc version of UT3 before it came out, and I didn't get it until a week after release. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

What's the story on (supposedly) region-free versions like this one on eBay? I mean, apart from the inherent risk of an eBay transaction and the delay in delivery — does the game actually exist in a region-free version? And if so, how come the big Asian retailers like play-asia.com don't seem to have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

PS3 games are usually region free. Some xbox ones are, some aren't. GTA4 is being released world-wide on the same date however isn't it? So you won't get it any quicker than you could get it in the shops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ill be gettin mine in game with a nice 25% off, wooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

(I'm heading on world trip on May 1st so is 1 1/2 days play (if that!!) really worth 70 odd euro....)

Yes, that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm getting mine free. :pac:

Finally using a gift voucher i got for Amazon. £43 it costs on that i think. Around that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Getting it in local Game. Dont care if its 5e more or watever thats nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I was getting it in Argos, but I just realised its out on a Tuesday and I can't get off school to collect it in morning. I going to get in Game just cause pre-ordering is free if you have one of them membership cards. Roll on 29th :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Does anyone know of any Tesco's in South Dublin that will be selling it for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

seeing as i have an american xbox il be prob gettin mine from amazon.com $59.99 not sure bout delivery tho :confused:

but like a lot on here il be gettin the PC version as soon as its out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Is the special edition in any shops for certain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

People seem to be able to pre-order the Special Edition in Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr. K wrote: »
    People seem to be able to pre-order the Special Edition in Gamestop.
    Yep, was chatting to the manager of Gamestop the other day.

The Sligo store of Gamestop have almost 200 pre-orders, while Belfast has about 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Has anyone else pre-ordered from HMV website? I'd be very interested in getting the free 1000 MS points to buy me those maps in COD4. Are they doing the pre-order offer in local HMV stores over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

djkeogh wrote: »
    Has anyone else pre-ordered from HMV website? I'd be very interested in getting the free 1000 MS points to buy me those maps in COD4. Are they doing the pre-order offer in local HMV stores over here?
    I was in HMV yesterday (the Swords one). The girl hadn't a clue about 1000 MS points, but said there's €220 worth of vouchers. I asked what price it will be... €74.99 :eek: Compared to £39.99 (~€50) from the HMV website, it's a kick in the balls. It'd be cheaper to drive to Newry to get it.

Also, I saw Smyths are offering 500 MS points for pre-ordering. Not sure how they usually price their games, but I think you get 10% off if you have the loyalty card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Asked about the special edition in my local Gamestop this morning and they said they've all been pre-ordered, feck dem anyway! I really wanted that duffel bag

Also, they said that Gamestop only have 200 special editons for the whole country

I was going to order the SE, but then I was like whats the point.

I'm strongly considering going to order the fecking game now though. I'm starting to get worried. I'm sure I bought SA on the day of its release off the cuff, as in although I was looking forward to it, I didn't have any intention buying it so soon. My mum got it in Xtravision about half 7 that night actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i made the stupid mistake of having to buy a ps two to play SA, nowhere in dublin was selling the game unless you bought a ps two with it. that being said i gave up on the game two weeks later, biggest waste of 180euro tbh.

Cremo wrote: »
    i made the stupid mistake of having to buy a ps two to play SA, nowhere in dublin was selling the game unless you bought a ps two with it. that being said i gave up on the game two weeks later, biggest waste of 180euro tbh.

:eek:

The soundtrack alone would keep me hooked.

• Advertisement

Is anywhere doing a midnight release?

Advertisement