Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ninja Kn1ght

I preordered GTAIV Special Edition in Game a few weeks ago and got an e-mail today saying it was too heavy to shipp to Ireland. :( Checked Amazon and Play, same deal.

So then I spent they day looking for places to get it on the high street, Gamestop and Smyths have stopped taking orders. This really sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even play.com has sold out of copies for postage on release!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sh*t maybe I should pre-order this....

I'm hoping Harvey Normans get copies in for Tuesday morning, because if not, I'm f*cked. Hope I'm not driving around Dublin all day trying to find a copy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've still one ordered online at Gameplay for €50 but if I can get one in Tesco on day of release for €50, i'll cancel it but there's no guarantees really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I was just in Game on Dawson st. They are opening midnight monday 28th but they are not taking any more pre-orders. i was looking for a 360 version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ok I went into Xtravision, and place a 5 euro deposit...then when she handed me the receipt she said, you won't be able to get it on the first shipment, the next one is about a week later..:eek: Why would I pre-order for the week after? I was too shy to say na your alright...

How can they stop me if I go down to xtravision on the Tuesday first thing in the morning with the recipt?

They probably have your receipt number logged for the second shipment estebancambias.

ah Yeah..damn!!!...its so stupid though because I know the GAME near enough to me was taking orders cause' I was talking to the manager yesterday, when I went to pre-order it I didn't have the minimum five euro.

I'd well do another pre-order though.

I will not come near here, if I have to wait the extra week.....just the thoughT of youze happily playing away, while I ring them up every day asking has it arrived, only to hear.....NO.

Is anywhere still taking pre-orders? Or will the midnight release places have enough? (never done it before but I imagine there will be insane queues)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Elessar wrote: »
    Sh*t maybe I should pre-order this....

Thinking the same thing:(
    Gonna have to wait until the weekend though, by which time it might even be too late...
    Might just end up ordering the PS3 version from VG+ instead of the 360 version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I only pre-booked mine in xtra vision today with a mate of mine who works there. While his manager was behind him he said that i will have to wait till the shipment that is following the week after. I was talking to him a while ago and he said just come down on Tuesday and i'll keep a copy aside for me. I asked him won't the receipt or computer say that i'm not for the 1st shipment. He said no and that they were all on the same code. So chance your arm if you have prebooked it for the second order. They'll be handing out so many that i doubt they'll be looking too closely at anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Decided to pre-order the 360 SE on Amazon last night (delivery to friend in the North), ...got eMail this morning saying that dispatch is likely to be May 2nd lol :( , so it'll be at least the following monday (5th) before it gets to my mate's house...fook that. Gonna have to book a normal copy locally and stick it on eBay when I get the SE...

I only pre-booked mine in xtra vision today with a mate of mine who works there. While his manager was behind him he said that i will have to wait till the shipment that is following the week after. I was talking to him a while ago and he said just come down on Tuesday and i'll keep a copy aside for me. I asked him won't the receipt or computer say that i'm not for the 1st shipment. He said no and that they were all on the same code. So chance your arm if you have prebooked it for the second order. They'll be handing out so many that i doubt they'll be looking too closely at anything.

Ah cheers, will try that. I guess a stumbling block for me could be the Date on the Receipt.
    Maby they won't look.

Ok I decided to pre book in Game in Dun Laoghaire today. Just as I did, the manager said ''thats the last one to take'':D Probably was just doing it to add to the whole suspense. Afterall the world does revolve around me.:rolleyes:

I was actually over the moon, so if anyone(for I don't know) what reason wants my XtraVision one you can by all means, but remember its for the following week, and I doubt you would have much trouble getting it the following week.
    I think its pretty comical actually, coaxing people in to Pre-Book a game when your not even getting it on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Went into extra vision last night to pre order mine.. To start it off the guy didn’t have a clue about any special edition just the normal one, And he said the first set of pre orders already have been taken so if I order mine it will be a week after release date when I get it:eek: I even said what if I walk in on the day its out will ye have spare copy’s and he said he doubts it:eek:.. Must run into town now 2day and hopefully be able to order the special edition some where..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I dont think theres a hope of getting the special edition at this stage, I went to a few shops and they said even with a pre-order I wasn't even guaranteed getting a copy of the normal edition on launch day, ended up ordering it from gamesnash.ie and forked our for postal express which they tell me guarantees I will recieve it on the 29th, now all I ave to do is take the day off college and situate myself on the front step of my house from 9 a.m onwards!

Aldebaran wrote: »
    I dont think theres a hope of getting the special edition at this stage, I went to a few shops and they said even with a pre-order I wasn't even guaranteed getting a copy of the normal edition on launch day, ended up ordering it from gamesnash.ie and forked our for postal express which they tell me guarantees I will recieve it on the 29th, now all I ave to do is take the day off college and situate myself on the front step of my house from 9 a.m onwards!

I just did the exact same thing. Ordered from Gamesnash and paid for express post because I've already taken the day off work and didn't want to risk running around Dublin all day trying to get a copy.

It's up to Gamesnash now. I wonder if things go awry could I pick it up from them directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Elessar wrote: »
    I just did the exact same thing. Ordered from Gamesnash and paid for express post because I've already taken the day off work and didn't want to risk running around Dublin all day trying to get a copy.

It's up to Gamesnash now. I wonder if things go awry could I pick it up from them directly?
    I'm sure they'd love a big crowd of angry and disgruntled GTA fans arriving at their warehouse on launch day!

Just pre ordered mine in smyths for the xbox 360, The guy told me he only had two of them left phew, lucky i got mine:cool:.. It cost 25 euro to pre order it.. Roll on the 29th:D

Vain wrote: »
    Just pre ordered mine in smyths for the xbox 360 guy told me i got the special edition, The guy told me he only had two of them left phew, lucky i got mine:cool:.. It cost 25 euro to pre order it.. Roll on the 29th:D

Thats how I felt today. Pretty lucky there with the Special Edition there mate:D. I was thinking of getting it, but the game will do.

I'm going to go to Gamestop on the 28th at Closing Time and beg for the game, just for pure pantomine factor.

It was funny when I asked the guy are they doing a Midnight release..his response ''Dun Laoghaire? No Chance.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

In two minds to pre-order. Kinda want to trade in some of the duff games that I have collecting dust (namely Sonic and Resistance) but I would imagine I would need to do this on the day and therefore not pre-book.

The only way i'm looking at it though is, I got a copy of San An the day it came out no bother (without pre-booking). The base no. of ps2's then was far higher than 360's and ps3's combined now (i.e alot more potential buyers then). Finally, because its being released on both, there will be more of a split as to the consoles, whereas the ps2 copies for San An were the only supply.

Still all this talk has me nervous.

If all else fails, I will get the mammy to bring me on a wild goose chase around Dublin's Tescos.

Thats how I felt today. Pretty lucky there with the Special Edition there mate:D. I was thinking of getting it, but the game will do.

I'm going to go to Gamestop on the 28th at Closing Time and beg for the game, just for pure pantomine factor.

It was funny when I asked the guy are they doing a Midnight release..his response ''Dun Laoghaire? No Chance.''

Some people are saying tescos that are 24hrs might be doin a midnight release. But to be honest i wouldnt even take that risk of hoping they do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

In two minds to pre-order. Kinda want to trade in some of the duff games that I have collecting dust (namely Sonic and Resistance) but I would imagine I would need to do this on the day and therefore not pre-book.

You can pre-book it and then trade in the games you want as you are buying GTA.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Is it true that Tesco will be selling this for €50?

jayteecork wrote: »
    Is it true that Tesco will be selling this for €50?
    I don't think it's ever been confirmed.. I'd say we won't until the day before release (trust the tabloids to advertise it if it is).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is it too late to make a pre order somewhere?

faceman wrote: »
    Is it too late to make a pre order somewhere?

No i just pre ordered mine yesterday in smyths.. I tryed extra vision before that but if i ordered it there i would have to wait a week after release date to get it:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Does anyone know anywhere in Cork which is talking pre-orders?? Wish i hadn't left it so late :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Vain wrote: »
    No i just pre ordered mine yesterday in smyths.. I tryed extra vision before that but if i ordered it there i would have to wait a week after release date to get it:eek:
    Did Smyths say how much it'll cost?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Originally Posted by Elessar viewpost.gif

Aldebaran wrote: »
    I'm sure they'd love a big crowd of angry and disgruntled GTA fans arriving at their warehouse on launch day!

Much as we love do our best to interact with our customers we really don't want that kind of interaction !!!!!!!!!

Rest assured we will be dispatching GTA4 on Monday 28th. We won't let anyone down on this. We are only taking pre orders for stock we are guaranteed to take delivery of and are holding some stock back from pre order availabillity to doubly make sure that nobody is let down should there be any kind of shortage.

Advertisement