Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Elessar wrote: »
    I just did the exact same thing. Ordered from Gamesnash and paid for express post because I've already taken the day off work and didn't want to risk running around Dublin all day trying to get a copy.

How much extra is express post???
    And how long after release date would it be delivered??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

ciano1 wrote: »
    How much extra is express post???
    And how long after release date would it be delivered??

€9 extra for express post

Read above for Gamesnash comments. They guarantee posting on the Monday so with express post you are guaranteed to have it for Tuesday 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Gamesnash is the best option for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered already.I chose express post as well becaue you can't trust An Post to deliver it with normal post!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

hmmmm.....gta style warehouse assault on the 28th anyone??!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

You steal the car and I'll bring the rocket launcher :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Did Smyths say how much it'll cost?

I got the special edition it cost 25euro to pre order the normal one is only 5euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Need to buy a machine first. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Probably pop into Harvey Norman's and buy it for 56 euro off the shelf.
    Can't imagine they take preorders so first come, first serve.

Can't understand why there'll be a shortage anyway - Banging out Discs and Boxes is nothing in a factory when you have it set up. It's the same to churn out 1million as it is 100,000.
    Rockstar may artifically hold off mind you, to raise the hype levels.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

jayteecork wrote: »
    Probably pop into Harvey Norman's and buy it for 56 euro off the shelf.
    Can't imagine they take preorders so first come, first serve.

Can't understand why there'll be a shortage anyway - Banging out Discs and Boxes is nothing in a factory when you have it set up. It's the same to churn out 1million as it is 100,000.
    Rockstar may artifically hold off mind you, to raise the hype levels.

Personal oppinion here .....

The difficulty is in the logistics of distributing that extra 900,000 units and the time it takes to produce / burn them and GTA4 is expected to sell multiple millions of units. Developers generally have a substantial line of credit off the banks and each day that passes without revenue coming in costs a hell of a lot in interest. Rockstar / THQ are widely believed to be extremely tight on the cashflow so they will be anxious to get to market asap.

They could wait another month to build more stock up but thats a months delay in revenue. Also we all know GTA4 is going to be massive but how massive is massive - if the developers overrun on their estimates and get caught with 1 million unsold units thats a massive overhead. It makes sense to go to market not having 100% supply to meet demand and then tailor the last of the production runs to meet the confirmed demand. Plus the little bit of hype isn't too bad for the game either ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I see your point but the chances of there being 1million unsold GTA games are remote.

It's the most anticipated game that I can remember. I don't know a single gamer who isn't waiting - as opposed to something like Halo 3 - a lot of people, including me, hate the series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

Gettin worried here

:eek: I was jsut in Game in Blanch looking to pre book on PS3 and they are not acceptin any more pre orders because they took so many orders in so little time. I said will there be some available for people wit no pre orders and they told me that they may not even have enough stock for the pre orders !!!!!!! :eek:

Anyone with the pre orders in Game better get in early in the morning.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

jayteecork wrote: »
    I see your point but the chances of there being 1million unsold GTA games are remote.

It's the most anticipated game that I can remember. I don't know a single gamer who isn't waiting - as opposed to something like Halo 3 - a lot of people, including me, hate the series.

And I could argue that this is because they are carefully managing the stock levels. ;)

Got to agree with you on the second part of your post. This is the game of the decade so far.

Dont have it pre booked either.....might just get it on gamesnash because they seem to be getting brilliant feedback

All i need now is a 3v card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I will actually use Gamenash in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

If you have Vista this helps me cope....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ciano1 wrote: »
    Dont have it pre booked either.....might just get it on gamesnash because they seem to be getting brilliant feedback

All i need now is a 3v card :)

I'm still undecided about them to be honest. A lot of people have been giving them positive feedback seemingly just because they're an Irish company, not because they've used them before.
    Ordered from them myself, so hopefully they can make me a happy gamer come the 29th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

i havent pre-ordered my copy of gta yet and im still not sure if ill bother..as looking through most of these posts..alot of yous are talking about the 360 copy..which alot more people have compared to the ps3..do you think i should still bother pre-ordering it my copy for the ps3?

i just have the feeling that there will be loads of ps3 copys in stock everywere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Even still - Im getting an xbox 360 this week and would have thought the shops will be re stocked possibly by the following day?

Surely they will want to get the games on the shelves while the demand is at its peak and not a week later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm not going to have much time around the 29th due to work commitments and the weekend is the bank holiday so the following week will do me for serious game time.

I've pre-ordered from an Ebay powerseller, good rep, promises to dispatch on the 29th, should have it on the Friday, €42 in total. Good deal methinks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm still unsure about pre-ordering it. I might just try and get mine at 9am in Newbridge, or might try a midnight opening in town. Will they have any 'first come, first serve' copies, or will they all be pre-orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

@Gamesnash.ie Is the game still available for pre-order. Just want to make sure the info on your site,about availability, is up to date. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Pre-ordered it in gamestop yesterday, guy in there said it would be a max price of 65 euro and that they'd match any of their competitors prices.

He said I wasn't guaranteed it on launch but that they were in talks with take 2 on securing a larger initial shipment and that they'd ring me 3 days before launch and tell me the final price and when I'd get it, also I can get a refund if I don't get it launch day if I want.

If this falls through I'm just going to stay up and reserve it on the argos website and get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have ordered with gamesnash.ie aswell. I have never ordered with them before, but i do believe them when they say i will have the game on release day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I know a few people who ordered R6V2 with gamesnash and got it and release day.

Also their customer support is brilliant as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered it in gamestop yesterday, guy in there said it would be a max price of 65 euro and that they'd match any of their competitors prices.

He said I wasn't guaranteed it on launch but that they were in talks with take 2 on securing a larger initial shipment and that they'd ring me 3 days before launch and tell me the final price and when I'd get it,

what's the point of pre-ordering if they're not guaranteeing it on launch day for you?

Is it becuase you are in a second batch of pre-orders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

quarryman wrote: »
    what's the point of pre-ordering if they're not guaranteeing it on launch day for you?

Is it becuase you are in a second batch of pre-orders?

Its making it more likely I'll get it launch day and I can always get my money back so whats the harm?

360 sold out on gamesnash

If you prebook a copy for the second batch in somewhere like xtravision how long until you have it ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

360 sold out on gamesnash

Hmmm....was going to pre-book last night but I'm sure they were already gone.
    Ah well not too bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

@Gamesnash.ie Is the game still available for pre-order. Just want to make sure the info on your site,about availability, is up to date. Thanks.

if it is i will order it from you as well for the ps3, looks a great offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah from looking at gamesnash.ie site..the 360 version is soldout but the ps3 version is still availible..i stuck in a preorder earlier..just hope that the site is in fact up to date and there are in fact ps3 versions still availble..

now just got to hope i find it on my doorstep april the 29th :)

Advertisement