Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Good evening guys,

Posting this from home so apologies for not replying earlier.

Our site is up to date Thetaxman - when you asked we did have initial batch stock left on the 360 but this has now been sold out.

There is some stock on the PS3 left for dispatch on the 28th alright but it is just about out and anyone who has ordered already I can assure you will have their order dispatched then as well :)

When this runs out the guaranteed dispatch on the 28th message will be replaced by the message you see on the 360 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Good evening guys,

Posting this from home so apologies for not replying earlier.

Our site is up to date Thetaxman - when you asked we did have initial batch stock left on the 360 but this has now been sold out.

There is some stock on the PS3 left for dispatch on the 28th alright but it is just about out and anyone who has ordered already I can assure you will have their order dispatched then as well :)

When this runs out the guaranteed dispatch on the 28th message will be replaced by the message you see on the 360 version.

order placed for the ps3 version. if it doesnt arrive tuesday i'll be quite upset, as the missus will make me cut the hedge instead.

now all i need to do is buy a ps3... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I ordered my x360 copy from gamesnash. I know nothing about them except what I've read here and on one other forum. I was bit suss at first - the idea of an internet based games retailer in Ireland that isn't trying to suck your soul out through your wallet is a bit foreign to me. GTA IV is going to be a big test for them, but I hope it works out and I hope I get my copy. If it does that's how I'm going to get my new games in future. I really do hope it works out for gamesnash and I can order new games hand have them at my door the day of release.

Oh, I'm not shilling - I have nothing to do with them except that they better get my copy of GTA IV to me on time as they've already taken my money.

Also apparently there is a non-official industrial action going on in the post office, where only 10% of the post is getting through some offices. I don't know if this will effect express post, or all post? Or if it will be in effect by then. Anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any idea of when the 2nd batch of copies will be released? Cause i dont think im going to get it on launch day now, so i will have to wait for the next batch, and it better not be too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I've just placed my order for the ps3 version :) I better have it on the 29th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Plug wrote: »
    I have €20 down in gamestop.

Same here, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

GAME, I got it preordered, going to midnight opening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

i preordered the ps3 ltd edition last week in smyths, does anyone know if they are going to stop taking preorders when they reach their allocation for launch day or will i be told i'll have to wait for the next batch to arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Cheers for the reply. Missed the boat so.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just got an e-mail from the place I pre-ordered from:
    Subject: Important information about order XXXXXX
    Date: 21 April 2008 23:21:36 IST
    To: Me

Dear Me,

Grand Theft Auto IV is nearly here!

Thank you for your order XXXXXXX for Grand Theft Auto IV. The highly anticipated GTA IV game is due to be with you on Tuesday 29th April. To make sure that we get this title to everyone who ordered it for release day we have had to start our picking and packing process earlier than we would for our normal pre-orders. As a result, we may look to authorise and charge your credit/debit card from tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Customer Service Team
    Gameplay.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

basquille wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail from the place I pre-ordered from:

And your order no is still on top!Delete it quick or someone will cancel it on you!!

Bros123 wrote: »
    And your order no is still on top!Delete it quick or someone will cancel it on you!!
    Whoops... cheers for that! :o

Although I'd assume they wouldn't delete it unless they get an e-mail from the registered e-mail address.

Hi guys

We have just had confirmation that we have extra stock available for dispatch on Monday 28th on both the XBOX360 and PS3. Those who pre ordered for the second allocation have been bumped up to the first allocation but there is a few available for anyone who orders now.

Regards

Joanne

Grr, i'd pre-book it but i'm already maxed out on my credit card! Bah humbug! I better get it on the day without my pre-booking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Hey guys, got a bday present of a pre-book in zavvi dundrum.

anyone know if they are having a midnight opening for it???

cheers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone know what the story with the 24 Hours Tescos is?
    There's one close enough to my house (Mahon Point) so I might venture over tehre at Midnight and pick it up.

Someone mentioned it might be 50 euro there as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Kiith wrote: »
    Grr, i'd pre-book it but i'm already maxed out on my credit card! Bah humbug! I better get it on the day without my pre-booking :mad:

Gamesnash took laser if you have one of those, I'm sure some other sites will aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

A question for Gameshash.ie - will you be emailing everyone who paid for express post with the tracking number?

As each order is picked over the weekend order history will be updated with the express post tracking number allocated to the order.

We will be emailing confirmation of dispatch on Monday morning and anyone who checks their order history / status then or indeed over the weekend will have their tracking number. Obviously the tracking number will not appear on the An Post site until it is logged on Monday by An Post.

GamePlay.co.uk just charged my card.. am waiting for a despatch notification now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Looking at the dispatch date for the SE version for 360 on amazon uk earlier...my order was showing an expected delivery date of May 7-10 (!!)...discovered I was on Free Supersaver delivery, updated it to 1st class recorded for an extra £2 and the due date changed to April 29-30 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

GTA IV is going for €55.99 on play.com, generally get play items within 5 working days, hopefully sooner with this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I have just ordered from gamesnash.ie. I really hope it gets to me on Tuesday.

I'm sticking with wandering Hanry street between 10pm on Monday 28th till about 10am Tuesday 29th. Surely i'll get it that way.

Also, do we have a definitive list of shops that are opening at midnight? And will any of these places have copies available for non-preordered people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Gamesnash....U legends !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Ordered with nasher with express delivery. Hopefully get it on tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Same here.....I like gamesnash :D:D They made me happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

\o/ \o/ \o/ for Gamesnash. Internet legends of the day.:D:D

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Shamo wrote: »
    Ordered with nasher with express delivery. Hopefully get it on tuesday!

Have to say nasher has a nice ring to it. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Advertisement