Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wertz wrote: »
    Looking at the dispatch date for the SE version for 360 on amazon uk earlier...my order was showing an expected delivery date of May 7-10 (!!)...discovered I was on Free Supersaver delivery, updated it to 1st class recorded for an extra £2 and the due date changed to April 29-30 :)

How are you getting the SE from Amazon UK, they told me they won't deliver the SE outside the UK. Game sent me an email today aswell telling me they can't send me the SE cause it weighs more than 1kg after me pre booking it 3 weeks ago.

Anyone know who will ship the SE to Ireland? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

HMV might.

Nah, won't work either, just says can't process your order. Should have pre-ordered the SE in the shops here becasue they are impossible to get online. I'm not going to even touch ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

gamestop,dunnes

I thought all shop had stopped taking pre-orders full stop. I have a standard version pre-ordered in gamestop but they feck up so much it means nothing.

I'm looking to get both SE's. I'll take a look around town tomorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I predict that it might actually be easier to get your hands on the Special edition that the standard one. Most shops I've seen have stopped taking preorders but I'm sure they'll have a few special editions ready too. Anyone have the price of the SE handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I predict that it might actually be easier to get your hands on the Special edition that the standard one. Most shops I've seen have stopped taking preorders but I'm sure they'll have a few special editions ready too. Anyone have the price of the SE handy?

Smyths have it for 94.99

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=F00802&qwSessionID=9de23118-f9a1-43cf-ad07-e7f96d062d62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gamesnash please send it on Friday. We wont tell anyone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

\o/ \o/ \o/ for Gamesnash. Internet legends of the day.:D:D

Thanks guys.

Lol you won't be saying that if you get the game late :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Johner wrote: »
    Gamesnash please send it on Friday. We wont tell anyone ;)

How come other sites can send them out now

Quote from the other thread
    I wouldn't worry, game.co.uk sent me an email today saying they were sending out my order today. I then got another one saying they cancelled it as they can't ship the SE version outside the UK and they were very sorry for saying they would etc etc, what a load.

Cmon Gamesnash....we'll keep our lips shut ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ShaneU wrote: »
    Lol you won't be saying that if you get the game late :D

I'll post a picture of my copy on the 29th for ya.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll post a picture of my copy on the 29th for ya.:D:D
    I'm getting it on Saturday :p (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

*shakes fist at screen*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

\o/ \o/ \o/ for Gamesnash. Internet legends of the day.:D:D

Thanks guys.

Try internet legends of the year, thats if they deliver on time!

Excitement really starting to kick in now, I've actually had dreams about playing GTAIV for the past few nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Try internet legends of the year, thats if they deliver on time!

Excitement really starting to kick in now, I've actually had dreams about playing GTAIV for the past few nights!

If they come up trumps! I really hope they do! :pac:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

slinky2000 wrote: »
    If they come up trumps! I really hope they do! :pac:

Don't worry :cool: we're on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

anyone here work in xtravision, smyths, gamestop? or even you nasher?

have you received stock yet, and is it meeting what you were expecting to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

How are you getting the SE from Amazon UK, they told me they won't deliver the SE outside the UK. Game sent me an email today aswell telling me they can't send me the SE cause it weighs more than 1kg after me pre booking it 3 weeks ago.

I live on the border...have a mate taking delivery in Newry. Should have pointed that out.
    HMV were the only other e-tailer I was going to use, as they were the only ones I could find who'd deliver to the Republic...I declined to use them because they screwed me when Vice City came out (pre-ordered early but took them 3 weeks after release for me to get it).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, will shops have copies available for people that havent pre-ordered it? Cause they should do (since i havent pre-ordered it). My plan is to go into town for the midnight openings, then back in for 9am on tuesday morning, then try some more remote xtravisions in town (Thomas St for example) then if all that fails, head back to Newbridge and try there.

I got two days off work for this, so i better god damn get it.

• Advertisement

murfo wrote: »
    anyone here work in xtravision, smyths, gamestop? or even you nasher?

have you received stock yet, and is it meeting what you were expecting to get?

We are taking delivery either tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning.

For us yes it is meeting what we expected as anyone who has been tracking our site will confirm we have been updating as our final allocations were being given to us. We stopped taking pre orders every time we reached our minimum guaranteed stock level and waited until we had haggled / begged / stole and ultimately cooerced ;) more and then released them.

That said we realistically could have and would have taken at least another 400 on X360 and 200 on PS3 but could not get our allocations to match up. We're down to a handful on both consoles now. The SE for example on X360 we requested 30 and got 3 so its safe to be assuming that supply has not met demand across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

We are taking delivery either tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning.

For us yes it is meeting what we expected as anyone who has been tracking our site will confirm we have been updating as our final allocations were being given to us. We stopped taking pre orders every time we reached our minimum guaranteed stock level and waited until we had haggled / begged / stole and ultimately cooerced ;) more and then released them.

That said we realistically could have and would have taken at least another 400 on X360 and 200 on PS3 but could not get our allocations to match up. We're down to a handful on both consoles now. The SE for example on X360 we requested 30 and got 3 so its safe to be assuming that supply has not met demand across the board.

ok so quick yes/no question, if i pre book for the 360 today will i receive on tuesday. or will i be pushed to a second allocation.

I can guarentee some people will be playing this on Friday. My mate over in England for example will collect his on Friday from his local indie. Needless to say im very jealous :(

ZygOte wrote: »
    ok so quick yes/no question, if i pre book for the 360 today will i receive on tuesday. or will i be pushed to a second allocation.

As at time of typing - yes if ordered at moment will be on first allocation due for dispatch on Monday - express post guaranteed delivery on Tuesday.

I'm near my post office so he comes at around 8.30am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

As at time of typing - yes if ordered at moment will be on first allocation due for dispatch on Monday - express post guaranteed delivery on Tuesday.

thanks a million just put my order in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

Nasher is the place to buy top class service, ordered the last ps3 version they had today with the huge help of holly that emailed me back to any question i had in super quick time "nasher give that girl a pay rise she deserves it"

i will be buying all my future games from this website cant say enough good things about them other well done on a great site and keep up the good work ....!!!

do you have any of the ps3 version left? (standard edition)

my mate didn't preorder and now he's panicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

mufo when i ordered mine this morning on ps3 i got an email saying i got the last copy

• Advertisement

drat

Advertisement