Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

murfo wrote: »
    do you have any of the ps3 version left? (standard edition)

my mate didn't preorder and now he's panicking

Sorry - we are now completely sold out of our first allocation on PS3. There is a second alloction due in which is provisionally scheduled for Fri 2nd May but this is subject to change. Any pre orders placed now will be for that batch unless of course we receive extra stock for the initial one and we will bump people up accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gamesnash,

Should I have recieved a comfirmation email for my order?

Went into Gamestop today to have a word about my pre-booking, i booked it on the 10th and i was 2nd on the ''waiting list'' having just missed the quota, but it seemed like they did'nt really know how many they were getting so said i'd pop in to ask.

Your man said they got extra so i should be grand, i have an order in Smyths too from that same day, did anyone else here try order in Smyths in galway and were told that they were full?. If so and someone from Galway did'nt manage to get a pre-booking i might be able to give my Smyths one to someone else when i pick up my copy frm Gamestop. I'll be going for this pretty early so will be able to confirm by 9-10am on the tuesday if i'll have the Smyths pre-booking on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Johner wrote: »
    Gamesnash,

Should I have recieved a comfirmation email for my order?

i got a confirmation from Worldpay.com for the money taken from my card, but nothing from gamesnash.ie now that you mention it

To be honest you should have received an order confirmation alright. It may have been blocked by anti spam software. If you got an email from worldpay your order is on our system. If you could you pm me the order numbers just to be 100% sure. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've been told by Gamestop that I will be getting GTA from their second batch. She said they'll be in Tuesday though.

Is this true or will I be waiting a couple of days?

Since it's only due out on Tuesday I would ask why would they have two batches on release day. Have they said come in the afternoon or similar ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

has anyone seen the game footage on that site that shows videos a lot of them have been taking down already but new ones keep popping up it looks f in cool cant wait !!

@ Roar and Johner

PM's sent to you but 99.99% they are your orders and all is well with them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Gamesnash.ie

Order Number: XXXXX

Detailed Invoice: XXXXXX

Date Ordered: Saturday 12 April, 2008

Order Update

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: GTA Batch 1 Pre Order

Thank you for shopping at Gamesnash. Please reply to this email if you have any questions regarding your order.

I just recieved this email from Gamesnash.ie, this means i am in the group who is getting mailed the game on Monday right?

I know this is a proably a stupid question but i just want to make sure... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You could have just asked us ;)

Yes it does mean you are on Mondays dispatch

PS The url still shows your order number - might be wise to delete that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

@ Roar and Johner

PM's sent to you but 99.99% they are your orders and all is well with them !

legend, thanks a mil

*breathes sigh of relief*

now, do you take bribes for early dispatch?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

PS The url still shows your order number - might be wise to delete that

Yes i just realised that, thanks for the heads up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

PlayStation3

Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (GTA 4) (PlayStation3)

PAYMENT Credit/debit card

ORDER DATE 27/02/2008

ORDER ID xxxxxxxxxx

DELIVER TO ME :D
    STATUS Packing: 23/04/2008

What does ‘Packing’ mean?
    Payment for your order has been successfully processed.
    Your order is now being prepared for dispatch.

My play.com order is packing. Hopefully they will pop it in the post tomorrow!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Am I right in saying that once one retailer breaks the release date then all others are entitled to as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Just got an email to from gamesnash to say that my order has been updated to GTA Batch 1 Pre Order.

I love you gamesnash.

If someone from gamesnash can answer this I'd appreciate it. If I used express post does that mean someone has to be there to sign for it, or just that it is guaranteed to be delivered by an post - if they can get it in the postbox it won't matter if someone is there to sign? Cheers.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that once one retailer breaks the release date then all others are entitled to as well?

Don't think so. I think once the retailer breaks the date they never get a chance with that manufacturer again. Didn't something like that happen with a delicious sounding UK retailer that now has stores in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

F-Stop wrote: »
    Just got an email to from gamesnash to say that my order has been updated to GTA Batch 1 Pre Order.

I love you gamesnash.

If someone from gamesnash can answer this I'd appreciate it. If I used express post does that mean someone has to be there to sign for it, or just that it is guaranteed to be delivered by an post - if they can get it in the postbox it won't matter if someone is there to sign? Cheers.

I was going to ask that too,if I need to sign for the game when it arrives.
    I'd hate to go out only to find a note saying collect it from the sorting office!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

prebooked in smyths

Helix did you have to pay anything to prebook? Which Smyths?

• Advertisement

jervis street and no, cost nothing

did it over the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm pretty sure express just guarentees the post to be here next day and not to be signed for as long as it fits in the post box which it should :D

A quote from An Post Express post says,
    Signature and Insurance option available for an additional fee of €2.00.

I'm pretty sure express just guarentees the post to be here next day and not to be signed for as long as it fits in the post box which it should :D

Cool. Thanks Johner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Thanks for that!

Thanks Helix, I've heard different things about booking in Smyths. Some say they've paid a fiver and some have paid nothig - other's have paid 25 for the collectors edition - fair enough.

if you went in in person i think youve to pay, which doesnt really make any sense

a bloke i work with ordered it in smyths in drogheda for his son and paid a fiver for the privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I was planning on leaving this to chance and picking it up in the store on release day but have to admit I bottled and dived into a purchase from Gamesnash. Have had dealings with people there before and it's always been good. Bring on GTA Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I love you gamesnash.

+1:D:D:D

Must remember to book a few days off.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just got my confirmation email from Gamesnash :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I love you gamesnash.

We love you too :D

Express post guarantees delivery the next day and can be traced online but unless extra insurance is taken out ( which we don't do unless asked to ) it will be delivered as normal mail ie without the need for a signature / someone being there to receive it.

Advertisement