Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I would also like to express my love for Gamesnash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Express post guarantees delivery the next day and can be traced online but unless extra insurance is taken out ( which we don't do unless asked to ) it will be delivered as normal mail ie without the need for a signature / someone being there to receive it.

Excellent, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

looks like ill be joining the queues on release day

long story short, i pre-ordered it from CDwow back in march and emailed them yesterday to find out when it would be dispatched, thinking at worst the 29th. they've emailed back saying they are experiencing delays from their suppliers and do not know when it will be sent. raging!!!
    and of course they dont mention this on their website for anyone else who is placing new orders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

johnny i hate that cdwow had problems with them in the past useless its only the Gnasher for me from now on !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not even sure i'll be able to get it on launch day now. I've rang 3 different shops in the past hour (Smyths and 2 Gamestops) and they have all said that its very unlikely that there will be any copies for anyone who hasnt pre-ordered it. So **** that. Somewhere like Tesco's might be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Since it's only due out on Tuesday I would ask why would they have two batches on release day. Have they said come in the afternoon or similar ????

Yeah I was told that I would still get it on Tuesday, if the girl behind the counters after doing me over I'll be looking for a refund on Tuesday and getting it somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

So gamesnash - have they been delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spantos

just wondering is it true there's a deal to get gta and an xbox 360 for 160euro? anyone know and if so where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

spantos wrote: »
    just wondering is it true there's a deal to get gta and an xbox 360 for 160euro? anyone know and if so where?
    Really doubt it mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spantos

thought it sounded a bit dodge indeed. was told it at 7 in the pav yesterday so the guy's judgement may have been blurred by the day of drinking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

He probably saw the UK adverts offering an arcade pack and GTA4 for £169 stg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Getting mine from Game, Patrick St.
    Asked to order the special edition and they said that they would. Went in today, was told that they're not doing the special anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damnit... I went for standard post with Gamesnash because I wouldn't be home on the day to sign for it, and people at work are getting pissed off with me getting stuff delivered there...
    If I'd known that you don't need to sign for it I would've gone for express all the way:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You should still recieve it the next day as they are being sent out Monday morning :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

tman wrote: »
    Damnit... I went for standard post with Gamesnash because I wouldn't be home on the day to sign for it, and people at work are getting pissed off with me getting stuff delivered there...
    If I'd known that you don't need to sign for it I would've gone for express all the way:(

PM me your order number - we can organise to change you to express post if you are happy to pay the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not all that fussed about it really, I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest with standard post and that's good enough for me. Thanks though.

Now get off boards and get back to work preparing our preorders!

Gameplay.co.uk have apparently sent out their copies already: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qXkeAtnC0b0

I ordered with them (at €47 you can't go wrong!).. was charged for it a few days back but not expecting to arrive til at least Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

even with standard posting the majority will get it on tuesday from gamesnash apparently..so im confident ill get it tuesday..hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Damn my foolishness! I've spent the last few weeks debating what platform to go for (PES2008 on PS3 was disappointing...chug-chug-chug!) and now I've missed the boat entirely.

I don't suppose a midnight run to tesco for a copy would result in any joy?

Elessar wrote: »
    So gamesnash - have they been delivered?

They have been delivered to the distributors here in Ireland but Take Two have insisted that stock cannot be released until early on Monday morning to protect the street release date.

( This will not effect dispatch on Monday as we have taken steps to ensure dispatch is not delayed - just before panic sets in ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

why would THQ say that? they're not publishing the game.

Sorry that should have been Take Two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

ShaneU wrote: »
    why would THQ say that? they're not publishing the game.

No, but ironically they did publish urgh........Saints Row.Dont even get me started.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

basquille wrote: »
    Gameplay.co.uk have apparently sent out their copies already: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=qXkeAtnC0b0

I ordered with them (at €47 you can't go wrong!).. was charged for it a few days back but not expecting to arrive til at least Wednesday or Thursday.
    that's strange it didn't have the shrink-wrap around the box?

Cremo wrote: »
    that's strange it didn't have the shrink-wrap around the box?
    First thing I thought too to be honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well it was the second thing i noticed with the first being he's an absolute poofer who can't open a plastic bag for his life. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What sort of twat films themselves opening a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

ShaneU wrote: »
    What sort of twat films themselves opening a box.

Got Jealousy much?

I'm pretty sure the video of yer man who's opening his copy early from Gameplay is fake for a couple of reasons:

1) Gameplay.co.uk have told anyone who e-mailed them regarding the game that credit cards have been charged, but it's not being sent out til Monday. This guy just happened to get sent his copy 5 days early? Nah, don't think so!
    2) The game wasn't in shrink-wrapping.. come on! :rolleyes:
    3) Gameplay.co.uk apparently don't sent out their stuff with shrink-wrap loosely wrapped around it.
    4) High quality printing paper and a DVD LiteWrite drives are only getting cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

basquille wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the video of yer man who's opening his copy early from Gameplay is fake for a couple of reasons:

1) Gameplay.co.uk have told anyone who e-mailed them regarding the game that credit cards have been charged, but it's not being sent out til Monday. This guy just happened to get sent his copy 5 days early? Nah, don't think so!
    2) The game wasn't in shrink-wrapping.. come on! :rolleyes:
    3) Gameplay.co.uk apparently don't sent out their stuff with shrink-wrap loosely wrapped around it.
    4) High quality printing paper and a DVD LiteWrite drives are only getting cheaper.

You'd want to be some sad act though to got to all that trouble for nowt.

Advertisement