Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ak47 Scope any ideas?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

hi alli picked up an ak47 and a railed scope mount, now i need a scope,I want to pick up a suitably Russian/eastern looking scope, i have a couple of red dot scopes but they just dont look right to me,it will mostly just be for show to be honest so im looking to spend sub €50 can anyone suggest a suitable model or a good site for sourcing one?I have seen one on ehobby that would look ok-ish i recon,http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270210513367&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017i would be interested in seeing some ak set-ups what do you think?thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The rail was the first mistake, russian optics dont use 20mm weavers as far as I know.

You could get a cobra collimator sight from russia but its 200$.

Really you may as well buy anything that suits you, there isn't any russian style stuff easily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

zero19 wrote: »

He'll need to buy an ak type side rail for that, and its a 4x scope so very limited use in airsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

You can get authentic Russia optics that attach to weaver rails but you'd be looking in the region of 100 Euro.

Here's a 4X fixed mag PSOP weaver mount
    http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=517

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

i do like the look of that scope from but i dont think those side rails fit on my ak plus ive already got the rail,ideally it should look as much as possible like its been made from spare tractor parts and put together with a hammer and sickle, "commie style" thanks for the ideas lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

commie style would be iron sights :D

Actually it would be exactly what I linked to. All the PSO series scopes are authentic Russian equipment.

yes they are indead russian made, but depends what your trying to do as optics or any type are very rare within the russian military military personel have to buy there own most of the time, its not like the us with acogs and aimpoints straped to everything and the dog :P depends what kind of look your going for

That's true. The likes of the Kobra would be an unseen sight in regular units and only the lucky few MVD/VDV would have some, usually bought out of their own pocket as you say. The PSO optic scopes would be a lot more common though as they are much older designs and cheaper to produce. They would be often used by Spetsnaz and used a fair bit by regular troops too.

The PSO optic scopes would be a lot more common though as they are much older designs and cheaper to produce. They would be often used by Spetsnaz and used a fair bit by regular troops too.

Can not really comment on that have no myself come across may pictures on info showing pso optics in wide spread use with akms ak74s ak100 etc etc my information was manly drawn from militaryphoto.net and redalliance.

• Advertisement

Well as you said yourself and I wasn't dissputing it, iron sights are what you'll see the most, same as most armies around the world. I have seen a few pics of PSO's being used by regular Russian army and a lot by Spetsnaz.

I was just making the point that if somebody wanted to go with a scope on an AK but didn't want it to look too modern then the PSO series would be the one to go with. Anything older would be incorrect unless they were putting together a 1950/60's loudout with greatcoat, helmet, jackboots and all the X's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

thats a good "site for sights" - sorry folks,

for now ill just have to find some kind of cheap capitalist scope

Advertisement