Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecake with no food processor...

• 13-02-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hoping to make a cheesecake for my other half for Valentines day...(we're both sugar junkies!)
    Was searching this forum and saw whats looks like a really yummy recipe at the end of this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199664&highlight=cheesecake

The only problem is this recipe and all the others I've seen seem to involve the use of a food processor (for lots of beating of things together) which I am sadly lacking in :(

If I attempt to do this with my arm and a wooden spoon will it take hours and much pain to get to anywere near the consistency that you get from a food processor??

Alternatively does anyone know of any cheesecake recipes that do not involve lots of beating, whipping etc...????

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Have you got a whisk? If you have then whisk the cream until it starts to firm up, shouldn't take too much out of you. Then fold it in with the philidelphia-mix, the philidelphia mix only has to be well mixed not beaten, so you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Would it not be needed to get the biscuits to the right consistency for the base?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Nah, put the biscuits in a clean tea-towel and smash them to bits. Consistency there wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Thanks for the replys.

I think I'd be alright with the base if I crush the biscuits first with a rolling pin or something...It was more for the cream and phillidelphia I was thinking I'd need the food processor.

I'm fairly sure theres a whisk knockin' about the house somewhere so I might give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

An aul fork will do the trick!

And an empty bottle of wine will take the place of a rolling pin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

olaola wrote: »
    And an empty bottle of wine will take the place of a rolling pin :)

Thanks for the advice! What I lack in food processing equipment I make up for with copious empty wine bottles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Thanks for the advice! What I lack in food processing equipment I make up for with copious empty wine bottles....

They are great for rolling out pastry too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Try & get some graham crackers (phillipino shop in capel street) to replace the digestives for the base.

Also try a baked cheesecake instead of the philadelphia type - make in some mars bar slices etc. georgous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

never used a food processor to make cheesecake in my life and they all turned out pretty good i like to think.

you dont even need a whisk for the baked variety! you'd have to make the baked one tonight though if you want it for tomorrow, the best way to chill the baked ones are to leave them cool in the oven adn then pop them in the fridge when they're cold. if you go straight from oven to fridge or even to room temperature they can crack across teh top and not look so pretty. of course you could always cover a crack w/ some cream w/ nice things whipped in

Advertisement