Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scanger .....what comes next

• 13-02-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

ok.. a bit of fun

Say what comes into your head when you see one or hear one.

1. Loves Cascada
    2. When he pays the child fare on the bus he/she sits with knees against the other chair with there radio on loudspeaker.
    3. Rolls there bus ticket into the shape of a spliff......

continue on.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Wasn't this done recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

4. Can't spell 'Skanger'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Loves 2pac
    Listens to Mobile phone ringtones on buses
    Has a confused, angry expression at all times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Spits
    Many sovereigns

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Says "wherrrrrriyyyyyyya ?" to whoever calls him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Has a public moustache on their upper lips if they're male and a teenager, has a council facelift if female. If overweight, women must wear belly tops. Tracksuits are necessary - any attempt to return shellsuits to chav de rigeur is welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Has a feedback thread with more than a hundred of these devoted to him already;)

Edit: Link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055230802&page=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ok.. a bit of fun

2. When he pays the child fare on the bus he/she sits with knees against the other chair with there radio on loudspeaker.

continue on.......

Doesn't know the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah skangors R thik lets slagg dem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Doesn't know the difference between "there" and "their" perhaps?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Celtic jersey, smokes Johnny Blue, thinks theres no other place in the world to go on holidays apart from Playa de Finglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

tucks his tracksuit bottoms into his socks (why:confused:)

asks random person "heeeee ya, you staaaatin," or " whaaaaaaa you looookin ah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

confuses public moustache with pubic.

Personally, I have a private moustache....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

jdivision wrote: »
    . If overweight, women must wear belly tops. Tracksuits are necessary - any attempt to return shellsuits to chav de rigeur is welcomed.

With something like 'sexy' or 'juicy' emblazoned across their ar_se...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Think they're tougher than everyone else
    Think that living in the towns roughest area is something to be proud of
    Oh and their main ambition in life is the doll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

he gets a tat of a panther on his arm and always wears cut off tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Little man syndrome...

Wants to always start fights with goths or hippys after he has had 6 dutch gold, just to impress the bird he is with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Rockee wrote: »
    Celtic jersey, smokes Johnny Blue, thinks theres no other place in the world to go on holidays apart from Playa de Finglas

Is this a Doobalin thing? Fellow smokers expressed surprise when I pulled out a 20 pack of JPB there last Friday. "Only skangers smoke those", I was told.

Never used to be that image attached to them up there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

"Trackies" tucked in socks with those really big nike trainers. Truely horrible. I really don't understand how they find that to be "fashionable."

I must say though, these threads always have the habit of brining out the worst in people. €20 says someone will get banned before this thing is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Males: Perpetual scowl on their faces, they assume they are from the wrong side of the tracks and are living in a socioeconomic trough surrounded by well to doers. They hate the idea of being less intelligent than others, so smash stuff and people in some sort of dramatic artistic representation of inner genius and self loathing.
    Wardrobe: Nike air max, tracksuit, gold rings acquired either through someone owing them money for hash or the half price jewellers on Henry St.

Females: Learned how to read off the back of pregnancy tests. Cant wait to get "Mard-ied" to "Whacker". No real aspirations in life, just keep firing out the sprogs till the government stops paying per head. Occasionally get the bus into town with friends, comment on all the other women on the bus. Hoping for one to make a comment back so they can jump her and beat the crap out of her for having a shnizz that doesn't resemble the Dublin port tunnel.

Wardrobe:Tracksuit or pyjamas depending on distance of journey outside of council palace. Large hoop ear rings. Sovereign rings on all fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is this a Doobalin thing? Fellow smokers expressed surprise when I pulled out a 20 pack of JPB there last Friday. "Only skangers smoke those", I was told.

lol

Roundy is a skanger and he doesn't even know.

all you are short of is the 'tache tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

'ere boood....

I've been called many things in my time, but never a skanger.

/me flounces off to the BGRH arms to drown my sorrows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

can be seen at Christchurch asking people " r ya lukin? "

If I get asked one more time:mad:. . . . . . .
    I wont be responsible for what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

I was oblivoius of this John Player blue stigma til amate of mine moved up to 'the big smoke'' and she was jeereed anytime she took out her cigs. She was in a couple of places and she said they didnt even sell them there

Its hardly that bad is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

dosen't say dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I dunno, I'm from Dublin and I'm far from being a skanger (long hair, leather trench-coat and the like) and I smoke John Player Blue, I know a lot of the dirt-bags smoke them aswell but I've never heard of this "only skangers smoke JPB" thing, everyone in Dublin smokes them don't they?! :confused:

And isn't there a thread in Feedback recently about this subject? I think it reached over 100 signs of a skanger

has never been told by his parents that they love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

- Aspire to be the youngest of their family to get/get someone pregnant

- Have a reverse Midas touch see Burberry, Lacoste, Von Dutch,

- Make me loathe Dublin City center.

- Keep John David Sports in business

• Advertisement

would always go bare back and would never pull out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You absolutely hate and loathe everything English, yet you are too stupid to see the irony of your favourite thing in the whole world being Man Utd FC, Liverpool FC Arsenal etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Oh and their main ambition in life is the doll

They'll never get elected. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ha! im gonna go to dublin more often now just to take pics and laugh at them.

oh and i hate when they gel their fringes down their forehead and have it parted so it looks like a sweeping brush

also think of small white loud and hideous glanza's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People like to slag how others dress. Tracksuits are the fashion. Simple as. Just because it does nothing for you doesn't mean it's ridiculous they wear it. Just like other people wear certain things they consider to be in fashion.

So fair enough if you say that tracksuits are the first thing that come to mind but your not better than them purely on the fact you don't wear what they wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I guarantee that those who saw you smoking JPB were either smoking marlboro/lights or camel lights.
    Sheep mantality on both sides of the fence when it comes to cigarettes in Dublin.
    I'm almost tempted to start smoking JPB just to piss those people off.

dsmythy wrote: »
    People like to slag how others dress. Tracksuits are the fashion. Simple as. Just because it does nothing for you doesn't mean it's ridiculous they wear it. Just like other people wear certain things they consider to be in fashion.

So fair enough if you say that tracksuits are the first thing that come to mind but your not better than them purely on the fact you don't wear what they wear.

Right. I've a thread in works.
    It'll take a couple of weeks as I'm bookmarking certain posts at the moment.

Save your comments for then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

MadsL wrote: »
    confuses public moustache with pubic.
    That was intentional!! Haven't you noticed that as soon as they hit puberty they start growing moustaches and the attempts are invariably dreadful. We termed them pubic moustaches when I was in secondary school - but then that was more than 12 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Haha, so true. Or else maybe it's me that used to do that, can't remember, maybe I still do.

PURRRRRE WHITE TRACKSUIT, PURRRRRE WHITE TACKIES*

*Limerickese for runners. I actually overheard a skangerette describe a guy she fancies in those terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

dsmythy wrote: »
    Tracksuits are the fashion. Simple as.

They certainly are..... Here is a picture of one of lifes achievers..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Wears the cap pointing to the stars
    wears a shirt with tracksuit bottoms
    has thier hands down thier trousers all the time:confused:
    wear black gloves?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

They ask random people for cigarettes then say something foul to them if they the person doesn't give them one.

Hang around shops.

Randomly goes around asking people "Ya ever been pooonched in the faze before?" *WHACK* Punches the guy in the face and says "Shweeeeeh... Now you have". One guy did that to my mate before on Paddie's day 2006. I kicked the fooooken crap out of him!!!!

They should all be exterminated. And no, I'm not posh, I come from a "disadvantaged" (Kinda) area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They ask random people for cigarettes then say something foul to them if they the person doesn't give them one.

Usually the oul "have you got a smoke" is the pretext to an attempted mugging/beating. Anytime someone dodgy comes up to me and asks for a smoke I'm ready to let rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

why has nobody mentioned DUTCH GOLD yet!!! the skangers champainge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

gcgirl wrote: »

Spot on, there's nothing more to say. Close the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wikipedia have a page on them:p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skanger:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

How brave! If a "skanger" does happen to see this he will not assume himself to be one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the teenage girls highest hopes of achievement is

"oI wana be a hairdressah"
    "oI wana wooork in choildcayer"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

gcgirl wrote: »

Why didn't i think of that?!

Thats the be all and end all of "skangerdom":D

when walking through town with the sun under his arm and a smoke behind his ear, he nods to everyone thinking he knows them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Jeez guys yee must be all feeling mighty smug now sitting in front of your computers basking in the glow that comes from knowing that your superiority is without doubt :rolleyes:

As Motosam said ‘they’re thik so let’s slag them’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I love skangers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement