Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesign Bleed question

Options
  • 13-02-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm making layouts for a mag and only started to use Indesign,

The Spec size from the mag is this

Bleed size (mm) Depth 271 width 216
    Trim size (mm) Depth 265 x width 210

When i save my work in PDF the Bleed doesnt say in the PDF,,, How can i get to be included?

When setting up my indesign page i set the page size to 210 mm x 265 mm and the bleed to 3mm all around the page.

can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

file - export - save your pdf - in the settings go to 'marks and trims' tick crop marks at least, and specify the bleed you need (3mm in each box) Just make sure you made your document to the trimmed size, not the bleed size, and leave your artwork bleeding over the page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

hey..

like 2 seconds after posting this i found it and got it working

thanks heggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

When making the PDF

Go to third option down from General called Marks and Bleed

In there, make sure that "Use document bleed settings" is checked. This will use the bleed settings that you specified in the document options.

Other than that, type in the bleed settings yourself.

To see the bleed you need to include crop marks, don't chose to use the bleed marks, because this puts "crop marks" on the edge of the bleed, I always leave bleed marks turned off.

All you need for sending to press is crop marks, bleed (not the marks) and page information. (You can include the colour bar too, but I never do).

Advertisement