Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop throwing chewing gum in the jacks

Options
  • 13-02-2008 1:36pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

In the past couple of years (i.e. since modularisation, when other faculties have started using the Eng building) there's been an increase in the number of urinals in the men's jacks blocked by chewing gum. It makes the building stink, so I'd appreciate it if our arts/science/etc friends didn't throw chewing gum into the urinals - there's a bin in the jacks too for your use!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Blame arts...its the easiest thing to do!:P:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

But they used to never overflow before modularization

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Look - I'm sorry okay.

It's just that every time I take out my penis to urinate I become awed at its epic length and girth and my jaw literally drops causing my chewing gum to fall out.

In future I will try not to look at its stunning beauty when I'm taking out (with both hands).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Blame arts...its the easiest thing to do!:P:P

It was Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It would take a lot of chewing gum to plug a toilet....are you sure you just aren't eating too much fibre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I saw the good dean with a box of wrigleys running around one of the arts jacks the other day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Umaro wrote: »
    Look - I'm sorry okay.

It's just that every time I take out my penis to urinate I become awed at its epic length and girth and my jaw literally drops causing my chewing gum to fall out.

In future I will try not to look at its stunning beauty when I'm taking out (with both hands).

haha nice I was gonna say the same!:D
    Surely if this was a major problem they would place little Gum boxes around the place to you pop your gum in and it gets recycled :D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The jax in the atrs block has the same problem also. It was grand until an increasing number of engineers started having lectures in theatre L. Bloody engineers, they trash their own bog and now their ruining everyone else's.

The jax in the atrs block has the same problem also. It was grand until an increasing number of engineers started having lectures in theatre L. Bloody engineers, they trash their own bog and now their ruining everyone else's.

The Arts block is only for passing through en route to more useful parts of the Campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

ha ha... why hasn't this thread been locked. I'm tempted to start a "please stop farting in my pint" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red Alert wrote: »
    But they used to never overflow before modularization

hehe I love the way we oldies blame everything bad in the college on modularization! :)

stolenwine wrote: »
    ha ha... why hasn't this thread been locked. I'm tempted to start a "please stop farting in my pint" thread.

In fairness, the Arts block does get dumped on by people. I'd say 50% of the people in it have no reason to be there- hell if I was cruising around and needed to answer the call of nature, get a bite to eat or just sit down, do some photocopying or whatever, chances are I'd do it in the Arts block. It does get swamped with non-Arts sorts, but I'd imagine it sorts itself out considering the Arts lads only show up from time to time anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

It's not our fault the powers-that-be-mad have scheduled some Engineering lectures in fArts this semester. If you think we're displeased, you should see the lecturers struggling to use the facilities.

You can't blame us for the toilets, though - I think we have more sense than to use those unless the need is dire. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

sorry bout that Red Alert, ill try and cut it out mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Red Alert wrote: »
    In the past couple of years ( i.e. since modularisation, when other faculties have started using the Eng building) there's been an increase in the number of urinals in the men's jacks blocked by chewing gum. It makes the building stink, so I'd appreciate it if our arts/science/etc friends didn't throw chewing gum into the urinals - there's a bin in the jacks too for your use!

conclusion:modularisation is the new no.1 seven deadly sin.we should burn the witch who bring that system in.ops,wizard i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I hate people who throw their gum into the jacks too... it loses it's flavour and tastes salty after you fish it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why would engineers be in Theatre L? They've never used it nor had the numbers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

RUBBISH

Firstly for us to fill theatre L you'd have to put every single engineer in their from all the years

Secondly, no engineer in their right mind would you the filthy excuse that arts students use to call their "bathrooms" instead of going to engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

gubbie wrote: »
    RUBBISH

Yeah! Chewing gum is RUBBISH!

:D

Actually... :o after a couple of quick visits,I have to say that I quite like the toilets on the Arts block ground floor. Plenty of urinals, and they don't have the design problem that the rest of UCD's toilets have. After you wash your hands, you don't have to grab a dirty tap to turn the water off, dry your hands, then grab a dirty handle to open the door. In that Arts block toilet, you can wash and dry your hands without touching anything afterwards.

Now, if only people would stop throwing chewing gum in the urinals. Someone's got to pick it out - please, be considerate of your fellow Arts graduates. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

seraphimvc wrote: »
    conclusion:modularisation is the new no.1 seven deadly sin.we should burn the witch who bring that system in.ops,wizard i mean.
    I have it on good faith that our esteemed leader personally defiles both Arts and Eng toilets every morning before breakfast ;)

re the "dirty handle" problem, it's not just me: the Wall Street Journal is on the case, too... :o

Advertisement