Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap (but nice!!) pubs in Dub city centre?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I'm broke, but I want a drink :)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Fallons on the Coombe. €4.10 a pint. Old fashioned real bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Might as well do a plug:

http://www.ratemypub.ie/dublin/

Cheap and dublin city centre dont go hand in hand in my experience though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Royale Cafe & Bar on Stephen's St. €3 Guinness and Busweiser. Slightly low-rent clientele though.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mssrs Maguire homebrew, the ale is €4

Slightly outside city centre, Beggars Bush on Haddington Rd for a quieter pint, €3.80 for the guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

or Slattery's at the junction of Haddington Road/Bath Av

think its €4/4.20 maybe for a pint of guinness, and a good pint it is too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

or Slattery's at the junction of Haddington Road/Bath Av

think its €4/4.20 maybe for a pint of guinness, and a good pint it is too.

€4:30 on a Sunday daytime, ain't cheap. It's one of the more slightly dearest. Fiver for a 330ml bulmers bottle also, doubt OP will go for that :D

Slatterys is the place I went to after Beggars last weekend, which is up the road, an unjustified 50c hike across the board.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jonichat

The Lotts on Abbey Street is quite cheap and they even have live music some evenings. Great pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

The Pavillion in Trinity is pretty cheap - student prices. Technically for students but I've never been asked for ID there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

The Purty Kitchen in Templebar does ANY pint for €3 between 5 and 8 on a Friday. Nice pub and a nice day for cheap drinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibber Magees..3 quid a pint on thursday,fosters and bavaria 3.50 all week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Czech inn, cheap czech beer 3E, I think. ask in bgrh for confirmation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Karma, fishamble St. €3- a pint all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I believe Mojo's on Abbey Street is very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

esel wrote: »
    Royale Cafe & Bar on Stephen's St. €3 Guinness and Busweiser. Slightly low-rent clientele though.

I checked this out, you tell the truth my man, €3 for a pint of guinness. The place was very strange though. Loads of old ****ers singing rebel songs. Also, I know an old dude who hangs around aungier street/georges street begging, well guess who was there knocking back the pints. He even told us about a cheaper pint on Francis street, The Iveagh, €2.70 for a beamish he said, up we went and holy **** what a shower of coked up lunnies outside, bouncer wouldn't let us in then. Said the whole pub was a private function but I reckon we simply weren't hard enough and it was for our own good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

He even told us about a cheaper pint on Francis street, The Iveagh, €2.70 for a beamish he said, up we went and holy **** what a shower of coked up lunnies outside, bouncer wouldn't let us in then. Said the whole pub was a private function but I reckon we simply weren't hard enough and it was for our own good

Ye if you plan on going again make sure you have your gun loaded and bullet/stab proof vest on. In the last 2 years it's been owned by 3 different people afaik. The 1st guy ran away after owning it for years (called the Green Lizard), he was under investigation as the bar was thought to be an IRA meeting branch.
    It's a regulars only bar sort of speech.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Where exactly is this. I know Stephen Street but don't know the pub.
    Ye if you plan on going again make sure you have your gun loaded and bullet/stab proof vest on. In the last 2 years it's been owned by 3 different people afaik. The 1st guy ran away after owning it for years (called the Green Lizard), he was under investigation as the bar was thought to be an IRA meeting branch.
    It's a regulars only bar sort of speech.;)

Gavin, think he sold up after yer man was shot in the head. Don't know about that investigation into the branch, another publican in the area is definitely "connected" though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

McGowans, of Fizzboro, is €3 a drink all day on a Thursday. Free in before 10, €6 entrance fee thereafter.

jdivision wrote: »
    Where exactly is this [Royale]. I know Stephen Street but don't know the pub.
    Other side of George's St, beside the Brasilia restaurant.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I've started a blog on this one:

http://blog.ratemypub.ie/index.php

gonna try and add the price of Guinness in each pub into the site too at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Other side of George's St, beside the Brasilia restaurant.

Know it now, used to be an empty restaurant (in terms of customers) for ages. Must be more money in cheap gargle:) Ta

• Advertisement

jdivision wrote: »
    Know it now, [Royale] used to be an empty restaurant (in terms of customers) for ages. Must be more money in cheap gargle:) Ta
    They do a full Irish Breakfast all day for €5. Great value, and restaurant area is nice enough.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement