Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white ink tatoo artist in dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Does any one know a tattoo artist in dublin who has done much white ink work. having trouble finding some one who has done a fair bit of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

eoin400 wrote: »
    Does any one know a tattoo artist in dublin who has done much white ink work. having trouble finding some one who has done a fair bit of it

You'll be hard pressed to find this. The problem with white ink is that pigment in skin has problems accepting it in general. it is hard to work with in terms of putting it in, & for some people, the end up with no ink showing & just a lovely set of pretty scars. For others, the white goes yellow soon after healing because of the problems with getting the pigment to take it.

White is generally used sparingly, & those who want prominence in the whites of their tattoos, have been known to get them touched up 3-4 times a year (a-la WWE Wrestler Randy Orton, who has the whites in his tattoos touched up at this frequency). However, even doing this, there could come a point where the skin stops taking it, & scarification is the end result.

Just my 1 cent (needed one for the loo!!)

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Agree ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin400

thanks for the info, ive been lookin up about them, and think im gonna go for it anyway but i wanna find some one in around dublin who's done a few of them before, u dont know anyone do you venom
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

Mark in Wildcat has done a few, but only really basic line designs, I've seen a couple of cats and a snowflake design, but I tend to agree aswell, white does go yellowie after a while and it's really important that you keep it out of the sun (as with any tattoo) as that just speeds up the process of the white turning yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Knew I'd replied to this question already somewhere in the last few days....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=146110&page=2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin400

cheers for that, ill go in to have a talk to him ,its a tribal design not very detailed, thanks

Advertisement