Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Broadband on EDGE

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Greetings all

Anybody out there using O2 broad band modem on the Edge network. I was wondering what the typical download speeds your are getting and an idea of you location,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Living off the M4 at Derrinturn, Carbury, Kildare. I use the usb modem and have got around 1mb and 300kbps on last speed test. Generally around the nation I'd get 3mb ish, so its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dysman

Thanks for that Longrangedriver, I guess when you got the 1Mb you would have been on 3G / HSDPA, when you go the 300K were you on Edge?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

edge is a good dialup substitute if you have no landline or if your landline is crap . I would assume 200k not 300k

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Just bought it today ...After 4 yeras of living without broadband..i'm now getting 1mb - 2mb down and from 200kb -300kbs up :)

I'm delighted...considering the shop didnt want to sell it to me ..because i live in the sticks. Even played abit of cod4 earlier for the craic...ping of 110 -130 not great but playable.

hopefully the speeds will stay like this for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lately been getting between 1 and 2 mbps when on HSDPA, drops to edge when i go home to south donegal where i get between 100 and kbps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Dysman wrote: »
    Thanks for that Longrangedriver, I guess when you got the 1Mb you would have been on 3G / HSDPA, when you go the 300K were you on Edge?

Thanks

I actually meant that I got 1mb down and 300 up, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dysman

Just to give a little feedback and to thank all those who gave their tupence worth

I took the plunge and signed up - consistanlty getting around 200k which is much better than the 28k to 32k I was getting on dialup. It's ok for general surfing but it struggles when you need to pull in something large (well it just take longer really). To my mind it's better than dial up and maybe I give the line rental the boot some day soon, or betters still if O2 were to upgrade the transmitter to 3G I would be away on a hack (or a Polo mint)

To all those who gave their opinion - thanks

Dysman

:D:D

Advertisement