Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ireland Manager, GioTrap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

kinaldo wrote: »
    Who the fück is Pat Dolan?

Fat guy on tv.He is trying to make a name for himself with stupid comments like dunphy does.Fat idiot:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

The Trap Door! Yes, I'd almost forgotten the theme tune from my youth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OMG listen to setanta sports now.

The fat dolan guy is ranting like a mad man :eek:

I presume it was along the lines of his blog?

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Blogs/A-to-Z-of-Bloggers/Pat-Dolan/2008/02/Trapattoni-not-the-answer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but The Wednesday night film tonight is The Italian Job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this appointment is as big as Sven arriving at city his first job i hope is to take that captains armband off keane and put it on a true leader of players Mr Richard Dunne

"He just arrived at 10am on Sunday. The doctors took care of him, in effect he came straight from his bed to Old Trafford to play, amazing."

MCFC 1 MUFC 0 MUFC 1 MCFC 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Unearthly wrote: »
    PSI is a female?:D

Didn't see that coming tbh
    Jesus I'm just after copping on who PSI is. I remember a girl that used to post here with a different username who supported Forest. I'd wondered where she went. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is this is a far bigger story than El Trap! I move for a seperate thread! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Check out 01.30 in this video. Father Romeo Sensini is Trap in disguise! 17 caps and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Is this is a far bigger story than El Trap! I move for a seperate thread! :p

It`s IL Trap ffs :rolleyes:
    stepbar wrote: »
    If we had to have engaged a world class manager 2 odd years ago we'd probably be heading to Euro 2008 by now and said manager would have paid for himself. Ah but no, we get the class dunce :rolleyes:

While the Slovak loss was plain bad management, in truth the likes of Fergie or Gus Hiddink couldnt have come up with a winnable Plan B in Cyprus disaster Part I. As Bobby Robson said he never saw such a curse of injury on first choicers in all his years in the game re the Cyprus match. Yes, we should have had a world class manager. We prob woulda won in Slovakia. Migta pulled a draw against the Czechs. But Cyprus was either a draw or a loss, it had got to a stage you were half expecting them to call up lads from the U-17s for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

yabadabado wrote: »
    i'm not sure if this was already posted.his english is fairly good im sure come may it will have improved quiet a bit.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid1416618418

The real queastion is, will yours though?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Rockee wrote: »
    I prefer Trapa...

I'm going to call him Trapper John.

I honestly believe when all is said and done this guy is going to be as big as Jack Charlton in the public imagination. Just watching him in those press conferences inspires me to imagine and a bright future for the Irish team (and I'm as jaded and sick of our shower of wasters as you could imagine).

Trapper is a guy who won't take no ****. The players will respect him because unlike them and their wasteful premiership careers he's a guy who's seen it all and done it all. He's won it all several times overwhilst they've hide away on ManUs bench or in mediocre sides like Newcastle wasting their talent. They can't help but respect him and his achievements as we all here do. He'll restore some pride to wearing the green and keep them in line with fear.

He's General Patton and our squad is that soldier who lost his nerve. They need to be given a good slap and sent to the front line! He's the man to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Nunu wrote: »
    The real queastion is, will yours though?:D

Lol if this wasn't deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

His name is Trapper Tony. He trapped a lizard. In Chapelizoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Paddy Power still have Ireland long odds on not to qualify for world cup1/4
    5/2 to qualify.

luckylucky wrote: »
    Lol if this wasn't deliberate.

:D Damn, I wanted to see if he picked me up on it!

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Paddy Power still have Ireland long odds on not to qualify for world cup1/4
    5/2 to qualify.
    Accurate odds. We'll have to go through a tough play off if we get 2nd spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Accurate odds. We'll have to go through a tough play off if we get 2nd spot.

Will he be expected to qualify or will people be looking for a better performance from the qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The tail end of Dolans rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I think 5/2 is a fair spread considering the way Ireland have performed in the past 2 years.

Re: last years qualifers. TBH re weren't too far away from qualification even taking into consideration the presence of Stan :rolleyes: I fully believe, had there been a proper manager in place, we would have qualified for Euro 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I agree Pigman. I think this maybe be the start of something good.

Big news tomorrow will be the fact that Denis O'Brien contacted Delaney with the offer while Stasn was still in charge and not in November as Delaney has claimed. Very interesting interview with O'Brien on The Vincent Show tonight. Said also that Delaney, as a courtesy, kept him in the loop during the process.

Either way, I think all that is just nitpicking. For once in our history we're picked a world class candidate and it should be celebrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lets focus on what people are saying when we criticise them please?

Not sure what Dolan's beef is, but they have a point, he's done well at successful clubs, but didn't do anything when he didn't have the best players and money at his disposal - ie. Cagliari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Yeah Big WOW...O'Brien approached Delaney before Stan was sacked....and the problem is??? It would have been a bigger surprise had Stan not been sacked!

Amazing that Bernard O'Byrne was doing all the stirring there! O'Brien probably called Delaney in October and said the money is there if you want it! After Stan was sacked Delaney probably called back and said are you sure?

As for keeping O'Brien in the loop. I would tend to do that with an investor who is offering around €5 Million.

Watching that interview on TV3 and hearing a couple of comments on Des Cahill, I just thought, when England got Capello there was no talk about how they made contact or how he was going to be paid for...everyone just said "WE'VE GOT CAPELLO"

Not sure what Dolan's beef is, but they have a point, he's done well at successful clubs, but didn't do anything when he didn't have the best players and money at his disposal - ie. Cagliari.
    Won the league with Benfica though which is more our level.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I agree Pigman. I think this maybe be the start of something good.

Big news tomorrow will be the fact that Denis O'Brien contacted Delaney with the offer while Stasn was still in charge and not in November as Delaney has claimed. Very interesting interview with O'Brien on The Vincent Show tonight. Said also that Delaney, as a courtesy, kept him in the loop during the process.

Either way, I think all that is just nitpicking. For once in our history we're picked a world class candidate and it should be celebrated.

I watched the Vincent Browne show.
    I couldn't believe that O'Brien pretty much voluntarily told him he contacted Delaney while Staunton was still in charge...and re-iterated it again when Browne seemed taken aback by it.
    Also, he says Delaney kept him in the loop throughout so, despite all Delaneys assertations that the 3 man panel were left to it, this was obviously not the case.
    All this doesn't really bother me, I'm just amazed that O'Brien was so naive and seems to have a very big mouth! The press will undoubtedly jump all over O'Briens revelations...expect loads of crappy ranting in the press over the next few days:rolleyes:

Another bit of info from the show was that they said there is a strong rumour going around that Eircom will be pulling their sponsorship of Irish football....so i guess watch this space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Trapattoni has managed clubs for about three decades, I'm sure some sort of law dictates that it is only inevitable he would experience lean spells.

I think the people(foreign media) are in a way being hypocritical. That guy Marcotti was saying today that his teams play very defensive, but then in the next sentence he said Italy created loads of chances against South Korea but missed them.

They say Capello plays defensive but to my eyes, I see someone who plays with a balanced style.

Trapattoni has managed clubs for about three decades, I'm sure some sort of law dictates that it is only inevitable he would experience lean spells.
    Yeah it's called the "Staunton Law"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nunu wrote: »
    Another bit of info from the show was that they said there is a strong rumour going around that Eircom will be pulling their sponsorship of Irish football....so i guess watch this space?

Excellent news. Get rid of that ugly logo off the replica shirts. I'll be campaigning for the next sponsor not to be allowed include their's on replicas.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Excellent news. Get rid of that ugly logo off the replica shirts. I'll be campaigning for the next sponsor not to be allowed include their's on replicas.
    That's exactly what I thought when I heard the news. :D

I just had a horrible, horrible thought!

With todays press conference out of the way and all the details given I was just wondering to myself if Trapattoni has actually signed his contract yet? Because all negotiations were done with his lawyers in Milan and he is yet to actually meet John Delaney...and even if he has signed the fact that there is still a couple of months to go before he officially joins up with us, I remember what Sven Goran Eriksson did to Blackburn Rovers 10 years ago when he reneged on a deal to join them the following season when a better offer came from Lazio.

Could you imagine if that happened now:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Good appointment but there always has to be a side story with the FAI...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

this is brilliant news! liam brady. g'wan boys. Juve background for both em. i like i like.

ooh no liam brady but another very good coach, tardelli who was with juve until this summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

stepbar wrote: »
    TBH re weren't too far away from qualification even taking into consideration the presence of Stan :rolleyes: I fully believe, had there been a proper manager in place, we would have qualified for Euro 2008.

We were ten points off it. Thats a hell of lot when you consider how many games we played.

hopefully we get more irish who support italian football now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Seriously though, all credit to Delaney, he's done wonders here, I'm glad we have such a shrewd, competent, efficient person at the helm of the FAI....otherwise who knows what might have happened......
    wtf?
    troll tbh.
    No-one is suggesting that they couldnt afford Traps without this, but thats a million a year that can now go to the grassroots.
    lol

Fai put money into the domestic game.

Just lol.

An extra million to keep the blazers in four course meals more like.

:rolleyes:
    You would want to have some personality issues to be trying to attack the FAI today. Astonishing.
    Yeah, let's just forget everything they've ever done in tha past, and concentrate on the one half decent thing they've done. Sweep everything under the carpet.
    I f*ckin hate Pat Dolan,
    plus a million.
    kinaldo wrote: »
    Who the fück is Pat Dolan?
    quality post
    eirebhoy wrote: »
    Jesus I'm just after copping on who PSI is. I remember a girl that used to post here with a different username who supported Forest. I'd wondered where she went. :D
    FOREST!? :eek::D

hopefully we get more irish who support italian football now
    More irish who support IRISH football would be a better hope to have tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is PSI a woman?!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    is PSI a woman?!
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How is there more than 200 posts without people being happy?!!:(

Yay Trappa!! :) Boo to Pat Dolan, whining malcontent. :mad:

And if our mod is a girl - I say such information is worthless without pics. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Heard Don Givens this morning on Newstalk saying that the 3 guys did not know about Denis O'Brien's involvement until yesterday but if that is the case then Ger went on to ask how he could talk to someone about wages when he was not aware of the extra that was available from O'Brien...he then went on to say that he didn't like to talk salary with anyone.
    There is no disputing that we have got a good manager and now the picking will be at how the money came about.

So if Eircom pull out...what company will sponsor the team...and one wonders why Eircom would NOW pull out, or was this spinning around before yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If PSI is a woman, does that make me gay for talking about football with her?? i'm pretty certain it does....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

robo wrote: »
    So if Eircom pull out...what company will sponsor the team...and one wonders why Eircom would NOW pull out, or was this spinning around before yesterday?

I dont see why Eircom would pull out, Dennis is not really any competition to them, but if they did I'd say our friend Paddy would be the first up to the mark...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's on a 2 year contract.

What was he going to say, we'll come 4th, but I'm building for 2012?

He has absolutely nothing to lose by saying we'll win or qualify for 2010, That's his job ffs.

Personally, I prefer 'Trappers' or 'Il Trap' for nicknames.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    If PSI is a woman, does that make me gay for talking about football with her?? i'm pretty certain it does....
    Do you think she knows the offside rule, without the aid of ketchup, brown sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper?

:eek:

Sorry psi, I truly am.

Happy Valentine's Day :D

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Do you think she knows the offside rule, without the aid of ketchup, brown sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper?

:eek:

Sorry psi, I truly am.

Happy Valentine's Day :D

I was going to say something about the periodicity of bannings, but I'll refrain. :D

I'm more shocked at the PSI news than the FAI actually doing something right!

Please don't ban me PSI! Happy Valentines +1

DesF wrote: »
    More irish who support IRISH football would be a better hope to have tbh.

well i would but

1, i got no local soccer club thats in any division
    2nd , that league is going nowhere.

bring on support for italian football league rather than epl :)

well i would but

1, i got no local soccer club thats in any division
    2nd , that league is going nowhere.

bring on support for italian football league rather than epl :)

I'd support the Swiss League before Italy. :p

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'd support the Swiss League before Italy. :p

we all have our choices. have fun finding it on tv btw.

we all have our choices. have fun finding it on tv btw.

I'll stick to the real thing thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement