Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to appeal for a ban

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been banned without warning, get a message afterwards from Etho_ explaining his reason, although he did not say he banned me, was just a warning. But I am banned from "Personal/Work" forum.

Anyway I am not blaming him but after 2 threads I started about Indians getting their visa and Polish signs/advertisement/TV shows on Irish TV etc., I got blammed by some people who called me a racist and obviously reported my posts.

As explained my posts had nothing racist but in the countrary were pointing out the economic non-sense of granting Visa to indian people because of the low end jobs they do here in Ireland (Most of them...)
    Regarding the polish people I simpoly pointed out this is not normal that when I go on AIB website it is writen in Polish, or when I browse an agency I see contract offers in Polish for non-polish jobs.

This is simply integration effort and if we start here, I do not see why French, Romanian, Latvian, Chinese should not be written on AIB website, shops, have TV shows and news on TG4 as well like Polish people have.

I am french with multiple ethnies roots, far to be a racist, and my purpose was just to point out those non senses.

I would appreciate if one of the mob/admin could review this ban lift request for the sake of the liberty of expression and respect for everybody's opinion.
    I have not insulted anyone, I have not broken any forum's rules with those recent posts in the Work forum.

Thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1. Links to the posts would help. You can log out to view the forum.

2. Don't discuss the topic of the above-linked thread here. It's irrelevant.

Edit:

In fact, here you go; the reason you were banned and the process to get yourself unbanned, all in one handy little package:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55082001&postcount=28

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nice work. Solved in one post.
    vive la france!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I am not blaming Etho_, that is what I said.

Yeah just found the thread, I did not see roundtower2 response, so that was him, a bit confusing of not getting a message though.

Thank you for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I doubt your new sig will help much ...but I guess the whole thing got lost in the translation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

jonski wrote: »
    I doubt your new sig will help much ...but I guess the whole thing got lost in the translation .

Yeah, you might want to look at that. I was one of those people who thought you were racist. You only got banned for a week. I suggest instead of appealing the ban you take it on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, I am sure when eth0_ and co see your sig, they will only be too glad to let you back in.

Fight teh poweh gets you nowhere around here.

Deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

OP change your sig

[IMG][/img]gypsycatsoz5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hang on, the charter clearly states that there should be at least 10 posts before the cat pics.

As it just so happens, this is the 10th post. Unleash the cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

lolcatsdotcom9cryvuajyxzz31eu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

it was a fairly straightforward banning. Nice sig, looking forward to letting you back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What Have You Got Against Me Mick- WHAT?
    confused-look-cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In the spirit of racism I'll forgo the cat this once and suggest a new sig ;-)

French_20frog_small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

busted.jpg

Hmmmnn?
    funny-picture-pardonay-mwah-cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

^^ lol :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pauvres Francais.
    La vie est dur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mick.fr wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been banned without warning, get a message afterwards from Etho_ explaining his reason, although he did not say he banned me, was just a warning. But I am banned from "Personal/Work" forum.

Anyway I am not blaming him but after 2 threads I started about Indians getting their visa and Polish signs/advertisement/TV shows on Irish TV etc., I got blammed by some people who called me a racist and obviously reported my posts.

As explained my posts had nothing racist but in the countrary were pointing out the economic non-sense of granting Visa to indian people because of the low end jobs they do here in Ireland (Most of them...)
    Regarding the polish people I simpoly pointed out this is not normal that when I go on AIB website it is writen in Polish, or when I browse an agency I see contract offers in Polish for non-polish jobs.

This is simply integration effort and if we start here, I do not see why French, Romanian, Latvian, Chinese should not be written on AIB website, shops, have TV shows and news on TG4 as well like Polish people have.

I am french with multiple ethnies roots, far to be a racist, and my purpose was just to point out those non senses.

I would appreciate if one of the mob/admin could review this ban lift request for the sake of the liberty of expression and respect for everybody's opinion.
    I have not insulted anyone, I have not broken any forum's rules with those recent posts in the Work forum.

Thank you

your posts were racist, and the ban stays until roundtower2 decides to lift it.

oh, and _eth0 is a she, not a he.

OK it may be going overboard, but just tell me to stop and I'll stop.
    garcon-mike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

oh, and _eth0 is a she, not a he.

As a customer of Boards.ie I demand proof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Looks like you are trolling with comments like this:
    mick.fr wrote: »
    We are all in a foreign country (Irish included)

Gordon wrote: »
    Looks like you are trolling with comments like this:

Not that I'm defending the OP, I think the banning is deserved but I'm presuming he meant that "people from all nationalities move to other countries and are foreigners at some stage, and don't expect things in their own language", but couldn't get it across very well in English. Well, that's what I took from it. Otherwise it really makes no sense, even as trolling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought he meant that there are so many foreigners here that Ireland has become a foreign country to the Irish or something like that.

I thought he meant that there are so many foreigners here that Ireland has become a foreign country to the Irish or something like that.

That's more or less what I took from it as well.

Hmm, I guess I choose to see the best in people, even trolls.

God, I really must stop that, it could be dangerous around these parts!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

watna wrote: »
    Not that I'm defending the OP, I think the banning is deserved but I'm presuming he meant that "people from all nationalities move to other countries and are foreigners at some stage, and don't expect things in their own language", but couldn't get it across very well in English. Well, that's what I took from it. Otherwise it really makes no sense, even as trolling.

to be honest, i think it was also due to the fact that he had already started some other thread about some other aspect of work, but also being anti eastern bloc immigrant.

2 threads in as many days does not make one popular with the mods :)

Advertisement