Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe (walking boot) repair shop in Dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Does anyone know of a good shoe-repair shop in Dublin City; preferably north side, but anywhere if they're good?

Have a pair of leather walking boots with a vibram sole, that need re-soling. That's what i'm looking for, a place to re-sole the boots.

Any suggestions for a reputable place?
    Rob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's a place on Sackville Place down the side of Clery's
    I've gone to a few times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Shoe Hospital on Grattan Street (just off Lower Mount Street) I always get my boots re-healed in there.. very good service imo and reasonable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where are you based op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

latenia wrote: »
    There's a place on Sackville Place down the side of Clery's
    I've gone to a few times.

I don't think he does Vibrams though. He is really good and may know of somewhere that does. Something at the back of my mind is saying Moore Street... did I get Vibrams repaired there?? At my age it's all a haze...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'm not going to pretend I even know what Vibrams are but there's a place on Tara Street that does shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I usually go to the guy on the bottom of Georges St but apparently there is a very good one in Phibsboro up near the church

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a new cobblers beside spar at the marlborough street end of talbot street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

xzanti wrote: »
    The Shoe Hospital on Grattan Street (just off Lower Mount Street) I always get my boots re-healed in there.. very good service imo and reasonable...

Went to the Shoe Hospital: happy enough - put a pair of Vibram soles and the job looks good (friendly, honest also), haven't tested them yet though (I'll let you know).

Price OK too (I think) (60 for the re-sole).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what kind of price are ye talking about for the vibram soles, and the time taken for the repair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    what kind of price are ye talking about for the vibram soles, and the time taken for the repair?

I was in no rush so dropped them in and he had them for me in a week. I don't know how much the actual soles (vibrams) cost, or how much labour is involved - hence the "I think" with the price of 60euros for the job.

Does anyone know if that was good value?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

thanks, a good hiking boot by meindl or lowa etc costs nearly 200 quid, so getting them resoled for 60 quid sounds like good value.
    i must get in touch, my heels are badly worn

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

There is a fantastic old-fashioned cobblers in Vernon Ave in Clontarf, might be out of the way but easily the best in the city. only leather used in repairs and all stitched by hand, unlike Timsons and the like. Run by the same fella for nearly 50 years. A great Clontarf institution. 1950's prices also. Its just 20feet down the lane opposite Beshoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Would anyone know of a place in Galway to do Meindl Vibram soles? Just the heel is gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Lauder wrote: »
    There is a fantastic old-fashioned cobblers in Vernon Ave in Clontarf, might be out of the way but easily the best in the city. only leather used in repairs and all stitched by hand, unlike Timsons and the like. Run by the same fella for nearly 50 years. A great Clontarf institution. 1950's prices also. Its just 20feet down the lane opposite Beshoffs

Same road as the Credit Union? He still has Maureen Potter posters up in the shop.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Would anyone know of a place in Galway to do Meindl Vibram soles? Just the heel is gone.

Probably no-one here, in the Dublin City Forum, but try in the Galway City Forum

Degsy, I don't reckon anyone is going to reply to you, the last post before the one before yours was in 2008! :)

Advertisement