Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image tags

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

could somewhon please explain to me in easy terms how i can upload image tags onto my thread instead of a link to a jpeg image?

i just cant figure it out. thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Using the img tags {img}image url{/img} and replace the {}'s with []'s. Come boards have image tags turned off though, so it might be down to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you have to host the image somewhere - try image shack for example.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

say you have www.somewhere.com/myimage.jpg

You post a thread here and use the "go advanced" editor.

Click the "add image" button (it looks like an picture) and it wil popup a message box asking for the location of the picture.

Put in: www.somewhere.com/myimage.jpg

Click ok and you are done. You need to have the image up somewhere already. Try www.imageshack.com

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

sorry folks. i give up. cant seem to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Kharn wrote: »
    Come boards have image tags turned off though, so it might be down to that.

That's silly. How are you supposed to come if you can't see the pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What forum are you trying to do it in? Look at the bottom left of the forum page in the Posting Rules box. That will tell you if the IMG code works on that forum.

Also, give us an example of what you're doing here.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Go to http://wthax.org :)

Step 1: If the image is on your hard disk browse to the location, if it's a link click "URL" and paste the link there.
    Step 2: Click the button at the bottom to upload, paste the resulting code titled "BBCode for forums" into your post. Voila.

You can ignore the "associate with a forum" area.

^^^^ bookmarked. That's cool Cult.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

tbh wrote: »
    +1 !! Brilliant!

Now I don't have to upload sh1te like this to my flicker account!

dog_cat_waving.gif

Glad it's of use!

Was something I set up for myself and the few Digital Art & Design people in 2005. It might be a bit buggy, I accidentally deleted the original version and had a couple of late nights to make the 2.0-dev version usable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i got it thanks a million lads!!!!! really appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ok gng of topic here now but how do ya bookmark something.

I want to save that by cult too!!!

firefox: load the page, click "bookmarks", then Bookmark this page.

IE: load the page, click "Favourites" then "Add to Favourites".

CuLT wrote: »
    Glad it's of use!

Was something I set up for myself and the few Digital Art & Design people in 2005. It might be a bit buggy, I accidentally deleted the original version and had a couple of late nights to make the 2.0-dev version usable.

just out of curiosity, what was the plan for the "associate with a forum" button? Was that non boards?

just out of curiosity, what was the plan for the "associate with a forum" button? Was that non boards?
    Oh I just mentioned that he could ignore it because I haven't implemented it yet. The current plan is a basic tagging system (all the forums listed are the 500-odd public boards.ie subforums) with predictive selection.

Ideally it would allow people to search historically for images related to a particular forum, or even a topic (as the tagging doesn't "force you" to select a forum, just suggests it). If the image is untagged, it doesn't show up in tag searches (therefore "semi-private").

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Imageshack does the exact same thing when you upload to it. Just copy the preformatted link it gives you.

Advertisement