Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St.Pats Drumcondra

• 13-02-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all
    i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this. i am 21 years old and goin back to college in september - i know im not a mature student but i feel old and like i need a headstart on the 18 year olds coming straight from their leaving cert. i am goin to do Primary teaching in St.Pats and i am goin to take bioscience and geography as my modules....i was just wondering if anyone in/recently grad from there could give me advice on this......also if you have any notes from Geography, Bioscience or Education then i would love to get them from someone and try to read over them in my spare time over the next few months????
    i would really appreciate anyone that could help me out please and settle my nerves by helping me get organised!!!

Thanks a million for any help!!

Máire:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Can't give you direct advice other than don't worry about the age thing - loads of people go there after doing a degree first so they'll be 21-22 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coochajb

I'm a (not very) mature in pats- i'm in 2nd year. good on ya for wanting to come and join us crazy teachers! don't worry a bit about the whole feeling old thing, people generally don't even notice and to be honest alot of the school leavers are fairly mature for their age. There's plenty of matures and postgrads around the place. I was in college before but I can honestly say it's the friendliest place I've ever been in!icon10.gif

As for the subject choice, I didn't do either biosci or geog but I do know that geog is a popular option. It does mean that you'll have to keep geog on for 2nd and 3rd year as you can only do biosci in 1st year. So make sure you really want to do it- your academic is worth 40% of your final degree so it's good if you enjoy it!

As for the notes I really wouldnt worry too much but if you want I can give you some of the reading lists that I had last year. 1st semester isn't very pressured in 1st year.

any other questions dont hesitate!
    Aine icon7.gif

Advertisement