Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip/Postal

Options
  • 13-02-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I have googled this matter but did not succeed.

What is Postal codes for different areas in Wicklow?
    Any links?

An item was not delivered to me by FedEx due to the fact I just typed 0000 for my Postal codee:rolleyes:

How the F do I know what my postal code is :D:rolleyes::confused::cool::eek::o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

barcoe4 wrote: »

Any links?

An item was not delivered to me by FedEx due to the fact I just typed 0000 for my Postal code:rolleyes:

Errm, we don't have postcodes or zip codes in Ireland, apart from the Dublin postal districts, or whatever they're called (i.e. Dublin 4, Dublin 18 etc.)

I've put 0000, ----, or whatever it takes to make the on-line ordering system accept it on things for years and never had a problem with any of the couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Ok erhhh:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I always enter my zipcode as "none". Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i always stick it as ROI 0000 as some forms check for some letters and numbers.

never had problems with any courier be it UPS/fed-ex/dhl/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I just put 1234. Never any grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I always use 045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Ok, I officially declare this post

CLOSED

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And all I was gonn say was just do N/A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Maybe TiCode will be adopted for post codes here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

for some strange reason i always put WW works everytime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Mothman wrote: »
    Maybe TiCode will be adopted for post codes here

Not a good idea as you can get Codes such as "Wanker" "D0G FACE" or similar - good for joke I suppose

BaRcOe wrote: »

Any links?

An item was not delivered to me by FedEx due to the fact I just typed 0000 for my Postal codee:rolleyes:

PON Codes are now a working system that can be easily used anywhere on the island of Ireland and can be tried out on Garmin Nuvi 700 series SatNav's - see www.irishpostcodes.ie

So there you go - as I projected - a National Post Code system was supposed to be introduced by Jan 2008. I have spent the last few hours searching through the budget estimates for 2009 as announced today and there is no apparant allocation for a National Post Code system in 2009 either. In fact, the Dept Of Comms budget in 2009 will be down by 13% - so definitely no obvious provision for the capital cost of a National System or for the compensatory costs suggested for An Post.
    Outline capital estimates for 2010, also published today, show no obvious allocations either. In fact, as far as I can see, the last official (Government or Departmental) mention of a National Post Code system was in the Green Party statement on the programme for Government last December (2007). Looks like proposals for a National Post Code system have been well and truly shelved for now!

Just as well PON codes are in place - they do not require millions of capital expenditure to establish and they are ready to use..... www.irishpostcodes.ie and - at no cost to the state!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Advertisement