Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where is my 3B number?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to find the 3B number on my 02 passat tdi.

I've found the chassis number and it has 3Bxxxxxxxxx at the bottom of it.

I'm trying to source some parts and apparently there's another 3B number somewhere that is just all numbers after the 3B.

Can somebody point me to where in the engine bay i can find this? or is there somewhere online that i could plug in my chassis number and get this 3B number?

thanks in advance.

Conor

edit: chassis number (or part of!) removed for your own benefit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

I dont have a clue about where you would find that number, its the 1st i heard of it. But the following fourm could be handy;

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/

Coincidentally the different revisions of passats use B numbers i.e. the current version is B6, yours is more than likely B5.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Put your full 14 digit chassis number here (or PM it to me) and I'll look up your car on the VW link and see if I can find it for you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

conor2949 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm trying to find the 3B number on my 02 passat tdi.

I've found the chassis number and it has 3Bxxxxxxxxx at the bottom of it.

I'm trying to source some parts and apparently there's another 3B number somewhere that is just all numbers after the 3B.

Can somebody point me to where in the engine bay i can find this? or is there somewhere online that i could plug in my chassis number and get this 3B number?

thanks in advance.

Conor

The number you quoted is your chassis number and is all you should need for sourcing parts - no other number should be needed - all other information stems from the chassis number. BTW, your 2002 registered Passat is actually a 2003 model (according to your chassis number).

More info can be obtained by lifting up the boot carpet and looking in the spare wheel well for a white sticker which has other info printed on it. The same sticker is on the inside cover of the service schedule which can be found in the owners handbook pack. The only other number beginning with 3B is the model code which is of no relevance for ordering spare parts.

Advertisement