Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pet Shop In Dublin City To Buy Tropical Fish And Fish Tank Products????

Options
  • 13-02-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Just Wondering Is There Any Good Places To Buy Tropical Fish And Fish Tank Products In Dublin City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MarkKelly316

Where is Boardwalk Pets Located??..I Know whackers and im not a big fan of their stuff or their prices,where abouts in santry is petmania???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Fish Antics in Dunlaoghaire, excellent website. I think you can order fish on line.....:confused:
    http://www.fishantics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Fish Antics in Dunlaoghaire, excellent website. I think you can order fish on line...:confused:

http://www.fishantics.com/

That's crazy - if there's any kind of delay with the postal system the poor things will die!

Heh Heh... ah Whipt It you ol' rogue, you've done it again... :o

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    That's crazy - if there's any kind of delay with the postal system the poor things will die!

Heh Heh... ah Whipt It you ol' rogue, you've done it again... :o

they dont do fish mail order,,,, and who would want someone else picking out there fish anyway

its an amazing shop and simon is excellent at the marine fish check out his shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Wackers in town has gone to the pits since Gavin moved out to their new Long Mile Road shop.

The best shop around is Aquatic Village in Brittas.

Boardwalk pets is cheap but very little selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MarkKelly316

Where is boardwalk pets situated????i know in town but where abouts in town???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

[hijack]
    Where abouts in Brittas in Aquatic Village??
    [/hijack]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

it on wellington quay dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

aquatic village = behind the blue gardinia pub in brittas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jay73

should try seahorse aquarium near red cow & moran hotel there are very good only sell marine fishes,tanks material for tanks

have a look at fintastic aquatics plus were doing 10% discount on everything at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mally77

Hi, I recently bought an aquarium from Baumanns in Stillorgan - they gave really good advise - I have been back twice since and Kevin has answered all my 'novice' questions on aquariums and keeping fish etc. They also are good at recommending which fish to buy etc.
    i will definitely continue to go there....
    they have a website ... www.baumanns.ie i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

lucozader wrote: »
    aquatic village = behind the blue gardinia pub in brittas

Aye u take the immediate right next to the pub and its 30 meters up the Hill, great selection in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mullanimal

jay73 wrote: »
    should try seahorse aquarium near red cow & moran hotel there are very good only sell marine fishes,tanks material for tanks

They've an online store Jay http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/store/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

and they sell lots of cold and tropical fresh water fish (and everything that goes with them) as well, not just marine.

some of their fish can be a bit pricey, but they are all exceptionally well cared for and their customer service is second to none, so i guess you get what you pay for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

I recommend them www.aquaworld.ie its largest aquatic online shop in Ireland but they have a showroom in Dublin 12 Center Point Business Park so you can see their stuff and talk to pro guys.
    Tanks float or opti white, plants, other stuff and shrimps - thats what they do. Just check the website.
    I got shrimps of them + lots other stuff for shrimps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Id avoid Petmania in Gullivers Retail Park,Santry at all costs.

All I will say is,that after watching and hearing the absolutely CRAP and RUBBISH advice she was giving to a chap who was buying a few fish,I nearly died of shock.

Some of these employees should be pulled aside and given an absolute bollicking,and if need be,sacked for grossly miss informing people on what to do and how to keep fish.

Really cannot believe what I saw and heard today,it makes me mad.:eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Was only in Petmania the once: I saw that they'd killed 2 axelotyls and a few other fish.

Terrible fish-keeping on display in the shop, would avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sell everything these days and without a doubt the best shop I've encountered in Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement