Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation

Options
  • 13-02-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

this could be worth a look e/w for the next at lingfield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I remember getting a tip for him before and didnt do it because he went from 33s to 66s........ Hacked up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

nowhere sorry...someone got burned as a large bet was taken earlier today on this gee gee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I'm rereading a book at the moment called The Chase, it's a classic ethnographic account of problem gamblers. Anyhoo, last night was reading the chapter on systems and tips and a gambler related this story-

He was at the track and someone tipped him horse 6, but he didn't think much of the guy who tipped it so didn't pay it much heed. He went to buy a hotdog and the hotdog lady asked him who he fancied in the next race, "I dunno, horse 6" he said.

Then a guy gives him a good tip for horse 8 and he goes off to bet it. Just as he is about to another guy he knows comes up to him and says he has a 'hot tip' - horse 6. He thinks and decides that he better back both horse 8 and horse 6 because that's 2 tips on horse 6 now. So he does.

Then he says to the guy "hey who did you get the hot tip from on horse 6 anyway?", the other guy replies - "the hotdog lady!".

Advertisement