Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scrapping a caravan

• 13-02-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever scrapped a caravan?

I need to do this for a family member. Ideally somebody would come and take it but if necessary I can put it on a car trailer and bring it somewhere.

It's not in a state to be reused by anybody

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What about the bits like cooker, fridge, windows, rooflights, sockets, etc?

Any of that any good?

If so, you could put it into buy and sell or your local ads paper free to take away and let somebody else have the hassle of getting rid of the worthless remains after taking out the usable bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Contact Jezza, Hamster and Captain slow.

They'll sort it out for you........they love caravans.:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

it's very old and probably hasn't been used since the family had teenage kids. I certainly wouldn't want anything from it. I'm guessing it had leaked too.

I'm sure it's not safe to tow anywhere... that's why I want it collected or I can winch it onto a trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Stick it in the free section on adverts, you never know somebody might be looking for a hen house or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Contact Jezza....... love caravans.:D;)
    You tryin to be funny fu(kface?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

jezza wrote: »
    You tryin to be funny fu(kface?

Its humour, thats all. And i was referring to Jeremy Clarkson, the real one. And I'm not a fu(kface, well your sister did'nt think so anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

bugger off you lot

DownWithThatSortOfThing.jpeg

keep it civil, folks

red card for jezza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

03969001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Contact the travellers, they would be glad of the scrap aluminium and what else goes with it. I got them to take one away several years ago. If they can tow it all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Contact the travellers, they would be glad of the scrap aluminium and what else goes with it. I got them to take one away several years ago. If they can tow it all the better.

Great idea. They could take it away, whip off the bits they want and then dump the rest of it on the side of the road so the tax paying public can pay to remove the rest of it. ;)

*Kol* wrote: »
    Great idea. They could take it away, whip off the bits they want and then dump the rest of it on the side of the road so the tax paying public can pay to remove the rest of it. ;)
    At least It will be recycled and it also keep the council workers gamefully employed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Completely disagree with that. Aside from anything else the owner will be legally responsible for the proper disposal of the vehicle. Unless the "recyclers" mentioned have a waste disposal permit issued by their local council if it ends up at the side of the road it still belongs to you. Any costs involved in its removal will be yours, along with any fines due.

loobylou wrote: »
    Completely disagree with that. Aside from anything else the owner will be legally responsible for the proper disposal of the vehicle. Unless the "recyclers" mentioned have a waste disposal permit issued by their local council if it ends up at the side of the road it still belongs to you. Any costs involved in its removal will be yours, along with any fines due.
    If anyone was going to give a Caravan to the travellers they would more than likely remove any form of ID from it. If the caravan was structuraly sound these guys may not want to dismantel it at all as it could be useful for storing horse food and keeping their dogs out of the wet.

Ok ...enough of the speculation of what a certain section of society may or may not do with an oul' caravan ...

Anyone with useful/practical suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Take a photo and stick it in the free section of www.adverts.ie, Jumbletown.ie or Gumtree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

peasant wrote: »
    Ok ...enough of the speculation of what a certain section of society may or may not do with an oul' caravan ...

Anyone with useful/practical suggestions?

Tow it to the nearest dump and reverse it over the edge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

*Kol* wrote: »
    Tow it to the nearest dump and reverse it over the edge!
    With the travellers inside it :D

Right, that's it ...enough BS in this thread. Red card for Halfdog, thread locked.

@ 3PS ...I guess contacting your local council for their proposals on PROPER disposal of that old caravan is probably your best bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement