Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pint in limerick ???

• 13-02-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Which pub has the best pint of Guinness in Limerick?..

I reckon its the Spotted Dog! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Typing a whole message in CAPS is not popular, DJKAV (Its not easy to read) .....
    I've changed it to regular text :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The pub beside the sin bin...
    Cloughessys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geoffey Saucer

I had some beautiful creamy pints in Foleys (old small claws) on Sunday
    Nancys (inside) does a tasty pint
    The Munster Fair Tavern does an excellent pint as does Rashers

Dont want to sound controversial but the influx of foreign workers in bars has really led to the decline of the standard of Guinness
    Luckily enough the places i named have (mostly) Irish staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

DJKAV wrote: »
    Which pub has the best pint of Guinness in Limerick?...

you will get 20 replies naming 15 different pubs.

see "what's the best takaway"...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

whats wrong with 20 replys naming diffrent pubs what i like about the dog is It has a lovely atmosphere, a nice alternative crowd, and lovely pints. It also has music and other things going on sometimes which are pretty interesting too. I don't get a chance to go there very often, but I try to make it every once in a while. I reckon the guiness is the best around ..

thats just me ..

WHAT ABOUT DISCOS. where is the best and worst pint and people ?

PA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Myles Breens does a good pint... most places that aren't packed are decent enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

pints in clubs... forget about it... shorts or bottles only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cadey110

Best pint in Limerick is in Fennessys in New Street. End of Story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Curragower Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

DJKAV wrote: »
    whats wrong with 20 replys naming diffrent pubs

the OP is asking for the BEST pint and not A pint in LIM.

it's the kind of question. limerick has (allegedly) threehundredsixtysomething pubs. there will never be an agreement on a BEST pint as there are to many choices. 20 people will name 20 different pubs. that's a great help to the OP's question, isn't it?! he has the choice now between 20 BEST pints out of 20 pubs.

the same happened in the "best takaway in limerick" thread. everybody named a different chipper as the best one. at the end almost every single chipper in this benighted was mentioned. and what is the best chipper now? no agreement.

this kind of very subjective questions is just ridiculous because you wont get an ultimate answer...

my 0.02€

• Advertisement

the OP is asking for the BEST pint and not A pint in LIM.

it's the kind of question. limerick has (allegedly) threehundredsixtysomething pubs. there will never be an agreement on a BEST pint as there are to many choices. 20 people will name 20 different pubs. that's a great help to the OP's question, isn't it?! he has the choice now between 20 BEST pints out of 20 pubs.

the same happened in the "best takaway in limerick" thread. everybody named a different chipper as the best one. at the end almost every single chipper in this benighted was mentioned. and what is the best chipper now? no agreement.

this kind of very subjective questions is just ridiculous because you wont get an ultimate answer...

my 0.02€

its good we dont take this place too serious

Cripes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Slatterys in Edward Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

styer wrote: »
    Myles Breens does a good pint... most places that aren't packed are decent enough...

100% agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I've noticed that the Still House on Thomas St does lager with very creamy heads, always a welcome thing! Tom Collins bar on Cecil St also serves great pints with a good atmosphere, you meet the most interesting of people in there too :)

The Galvone bud, does a daacent pint of Carling, skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

The Galvone bud, does a daacent pint of Carling, skin!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Collins in Dooradoyle has a decent pint. Had a few earlier and no complaints ! Then again, its down to the company to top it off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

For me its definitely the country club or fennessys

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Quite a few good hostelries.

Souths, Breens, Tom Collins, Fennesseys, Bobby Byrnes, O'Sheas (Ballysimon).

Is the country club still open??

Or the davin for that matter??

I know this thread is about guinness but to dave opening another what about the best pint of lager in town??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

The Windmill is the one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

sioda wrote: »
    Is the country club still open??

Or the davin for that matter??

I know this thread is about guinness but to dave opening another what about the best pint of lager in town??

country club is still open but its soon to be knocked and apartments, shops etc. to be built on the site, i think they're going to re-open a small bar when its done. davin still there but not for long, it's very soon to be knocked and a lidl built in its place. I still cant understand lidl paying that much for a site, surely they could have got a site on the northside alot cheaper???

sorry for wandering off topic there a little!!

Thanks RIN

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

Munster Fair Tavern, best pint in Limerick, Guiness or Lager, Full stop. Others that take great pride in the quality of their pints are:
    Tom Collins
    Sheas
    Willie Sextons
    The Windmill
    Patsy Nicholas
    Fennessys

Roll on Saturday

Where's Sheas???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i like charlie malone's on wolfetone st for a few early ones on a saturday evening before the usual nancys/au bars routine takes over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sioda wrote: »
    Slatterys in Edward Street

Is that the one beside the chipper accross from the people's park apartments?

God no that place is an awful kip cannot remember the name though :( Slatterys is up on the corner of Joesphs Street

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

seems to be alot of building out ennis road way will there any locals out there when all is said and done?

• Advertisement

Billy thats place is called the smithys door :)

Advertisement