Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pint in limerick ???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

DJKAV wrote: »
    seems to be alot of building out ennis road way will there any locals out there when all is said and done?

shur theres soon to be no pubs left on the north side, except the curragower and the clarion suites and the other hotel.

davin is going, quiltys is up for sale, cc going to be closed for a good while.

ah well, at least theres still the noth star in thomondgate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sugglew

Quite a few good hostelries.

Souths, Breens, Tom Collins, Fennesseys, Bobby Byrnes, O'Sheas (Ballysimon).

Nods

Add the Curragower to that and the list is complete. These are the ones usually thrown around in best pint conversations and from here you can choose your personal favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Fantastic pint in Bowles

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Sugglew wrote: »
    Nods

Add the Curragower to that and the list is complete. These are the ones usually thrown around in best pint conversations and from here you can choose your personal favourite.

Wouldn't be gone on the pint in Souths. The pint in Bobbys seems to be quite cold, but its a really nice pint. All the others I'd have to agree with.

The Gate by the Abbey Bridge is a very underrated spot, and probably the best pint I've had in town.

Also I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the few I had in the Ardhu after the Limerick Kerry match, there was a bit of a crowd there too with the soccer on as well, which sometimes isn't helpful, but to be fair there were no complaints from our group - generally spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Flincher wrote: »

Also I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the few I had in the Ardhu after the Limerick Kerry match, there was a bit of a crowd there too with the soccer on as well, which sometimes isn't helpful, but to be fair there were no complaints from our group - generally spot on.

Yeah, the Guinness there is surprisingly good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

depends on what you are drinking.

I usually drink Paulaner if its available but the Heineken in rashers is just ridiculously good! You actually can't get a better pint! :D

Now I say this as somebody who has frequented in basically every bar in Limerick. After that it's probably myles breens but still way off rashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Pint of Heineken in The Office Bar is good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

yupyup7up wrote: »
    depends on what you are drinking.

I usually drink Paulaner if its available but the Heineken in rashers is just ridiculously good! You actually can't get a better pint! :D

Now I say this as somebody who has frequented in basically every bar in Limerick. After that it's probably myles breens but still way off rashers!

If you got a nice pint of heineken they must have served you something else by mistake, heineken is rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

If you got a nice pint of heineken they must have served you something else by mistake, heineken is rank.

It's the best of the "commercial" beers by a mile. I wouldnt drink bud or miller or that ****e.

I usually drink paulaner or spaten or polish beers but i drink heineken if im out and cant get the other stuff but its savage when you get a good pint

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Myles Breens or Tom Collins's for Guinness. I've found these two to be head and shoulders above anywhere else i've been.

O'Connells being voted best pint in Limerick last year was laughable:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd be a bit young for Tom Collins' and Myles Breen's, but I had two perfect pints in Mickey Martin's last night. Flawless Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Aren't we all!

I've not been in Tom Collins's since it was cleaned up, but a pint in Myles Breens is a work of art.

I'd only rate Mickeys middle of the road, good, but not spectacular! The atmosphere in Mickeys is its primary attraction for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

i drink a good bit in town and i would have to say that Myles Breens is the best pint ive had, Tom Collins not far behind. Windmill and Willie Sextons are fair to good but nothing exceptional (although they are my locals).The greenhills main bar also has a great and consistent pint in my opinion, which is a bit unusual for a hotel bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The greenhills main bar also has a great and consistent pint in my opinion, which is a bit unusual for a hotel bar.

Not unusual really. Most lines are cleaned on a bi-weekly basis and having a consistent staff pulling pints you can't go wrong really.

Advertisement