Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misuse of drugs act, what are my rights?

• 13-02-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    First time posting here, long time reader :)

Yesterday I was with a friend in his car and 2 drug squad members jumped us. We didnt have any drugs on us and were not planning anything either.

I myself am an occasional smoker and had a few texts in my iPhone which were related to obtaining personal amounts etc. (yes I was stupid enough not to delete them) They confiscated the phone yesterday the 12th

I work full time for a UK company in Ireland and I have my own web development company where I also work full time. I work 24 / 7 and I am trying to get my own company off the ground. This is a key period in its lifetime and I have already missed a phonecall today loosing out on a big contract.

I offered to go and get the iPhone cable in order for them to speed up processing and they declined.

What are my rights? I ask the garda how long they can keep it for (legally) and they avoid the question as I dont have any, just wrong place wrong time. I need this phone back and I cannot giving any information in order to get it as I dont have any!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Legal advice cannot be given or sought on this forum. I would advise you to contact a solicitor about your options.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement