Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon this afternoon ....

Options
  • 13-02-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Was it my imagination or did I see an Airbus A380 takeoff about 13.30 hrs today ....... it headed off east so I guess wasn't training ..... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

maybe you could ask in the aviation section they might know the goings on of an a380

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I think it might have been a Boeing 747 SP (The shorter version of the B 747)
    One of those passed over Limerick around that time going East. It was in the livery of Saudia Airlines. I don't think any of those aircraft are in regular commercial service any more and it might have been one of the wealthy Arabs private jet. I do a little plane-spotting and this one caught my attention in the (rare) clear blue skies over Limerick.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes it was the Saudi B747SP. Came in from LAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Thanks guys .... it was too far away to do a proper ID but 4 engines and short and stubby ..... an SP747 makes sense .....

cheers ...... :)

Advertisement