Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xubuntu Install help

• 13-02-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

I have an old pentium 3 machine and I'm trying to install Xubuntu on it. But every time I try, the install just hangs. Before it tries to install it says 'BIOS Age (1999) fails cutoff (2000).

I checked Disk Integrity and it found 31 errors. I downloaded the image staright off the official site and burned to DVD.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Update your BIOS maybe. You'll probably need a floppy disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭stylers

dod you try the text mode install instead, or does it hang before the graphical installer even gets running ?. I wouldnt worry about the BIOS age warning for now, it will only affect power management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

You're trying to install off a corrupted image - it won't work.
    Go back to where you downloaded the DVD from, and look for another little file
    with the same name, but with .md5 after it.
    This is a checksum. Look for instructions on how to check the md5sum for the image
    you downloaded. If they match, then you just burned a bad disk, so try again - it happens.
    If they don't match, you'll need to get the rest of the file, or it got corrupted in download
    and you'll need to get the whole thing again.
    Either way, you're unlikely to succeed with the DVD disk you currently have.
    There's 31 things wrong with it at least in random places - could mean anything.

Advertisement