Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 upgrade - Phase II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

The new freeflow from the M1 NB to the M50 SB will open on Thursday 5th November

The freeflow from the M1 SB to the M50 SB will partially open (one lane) on Thursday 12th November

Thanks for the above update.

Can you also please confirm when the M50 NB TO M1 NB freeflow will be fully functional again as this is currently a bit of a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

By Christmas there will be three lanes in both directions between Tallaght and Sandyford

Any further update on this? Has the weather slowed any of the works on this stretch? Will it all be opened in one go, or in stages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭M50 Traffic MGT

jd wrote: »
    Hi

Technically isn't it freeflow from m50 to m50, as the m1 only starts north of junction ?

John

Technically a freeflow from the M50 NB to the M50 SB would confuse must people

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Technically a freeflow from the M50 NB to the M50 SB would confuse must people

Maybe we should start using Clockwise (CW) and CounterClockwise (CCW), since the motorway is orbital :)

Personally i think the Port Tunnel should always have been part of the M1 and not the M50. I know there were plans for an Eastern Bypass, but that was never going to link into the southern end of the M50 Directly, and in any cast, it's been cancelled now (...as part of the new green program for goverement)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

The m50 ring roundabout in blanchardstown is down to one lane. Causing tailbacks was stuck in that area for around twenty minutes heading outbound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

thomasj wrote: »
    The m50 ring roundabout in blanchardstown is down to one lane. Causing tailbacks was stuck in that area for around twenty minutes heading outbound.
    yeah was a joke took me nearly 20 mins to get from auburn avenue r/a to m50 r/a

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There were tailbacks in the inner two lanes on the M50 yesterday morning back as far as the toll tag gantries because of the work on the N3 intersection. I assume it's because of work being carried out at the Blanchardstown roundabout because it's fine heading inbound towards Ashtown once you get off the M50

triple-M wrote: »
    yeah was a joke took me nearly 20 mins to get from auburn avenue r/a to m50 r/a

Unfortunately in this area we are unable to work at night like other areas. For this reason closures must go on earlier to allow us do road crossings etc before 11pm. For this reason also the N3 was down to one lane outbound towards Scott's last Saturday and Sunday and caused major disruption. These closures will be put in place this weekend too. Usually this work is done between 1am and 5am but we are unable to work during these hours. Saturday amd Sunday closures will be ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Thanks for the updates M50. Keep 'em coming :)

35 minutes to get from the toll bridge heading northbound to the Auburn Avenue roundabout this morning. Good grief. :rolleyes:

The N3 is down a lane heading from the M50 roundabout to Scott's roundabout this morning too! This is what's causing the delays.
    It doesn't appear to be just closed during the weekend.

Coupled with the Castleknock gate closed, this whole area of Dublin is quite literally a no-go area at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

M50 Traffic MGT,

Out of interest, what's the delay in opening the slip roads at the J13 Sandyford exit? They look good to go.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Looking at the aerial shot og the M1/M50 interchange, will the freeflow from M1 Southbound to M50 Southbound be two continuous lanes until it joins with the N32 merge?

nordydan wrote: »
    M50 Traffic MGT,

Out of interest, what's the delay in opening the slip roads at the J13 Sandyford exit? They look good to go.

Thanks

They are good to go, lining, signing etc all finished but the merge lengths seem to be incorrect according to NRA spec and may require yields. It's up to the designers to certify them as yields and this is what is holding them up

dcr22B wrote: »
    Looking at the aerial shot og the M1/M50 interchange, will the freeflow from M1 Southbound to M50 Southbound be two continuous lanes until it joins with the N32 merge?

Yes this will be 2 continuous lanes, plus 1 lane gain and 1 merge from the M1 NB and 1 lane gain from N32 westbound

Heroditas wrote: »
    35 minutes to get from the toll bridge heading northbound to the Auburn Avenue roundabout this morning. Good grief. :rolleyes:

The N3 is down a lane heading from the M50 roundabout to Scott's roundabout this morning too! This is what's causing the delays.
    It doesn't appear to be just closed during the weekend.

Coupled with the Castleknock gate closed, this whole area of Dublin is quite literally a no-go area at the moment.

The N3 outbound has been down to 2 lanes from Auburn to Scott's for over 3 weeks now. The new outbound lanes in the median from Auburn to Scott's are 4m below the existing road and these 3 lanes are nearing tar level and will open in 2 weeks, as well as 3 lanes from M50 to Scott's (original layout)

The N3 outbound has been down to 2 lanes from Auburn to Scott's for over 3 weeks now.

Ah ok! I knew it was two lanes from Auburn to the M50 but didn't realize it was 2 lanes outbound from M50 to Scotts.
    What the heck is causing the tailbacks to the toll gantries the last week or two?

The new outbound lanes in the median from Auburn to Scott's are 4m below the existing road and these 3 lanes are nearing tar level and will open in 2 weeks, as well as 3 lanes from M50 to Scott's (original layout)

Fantastic news!
    When will the Auburn roundabout be taken out of service? Will it still have to be navigated when the new lanes come into operation in a couple of weeks?
    Thanks again for the updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Random wrote: »
    Hi M50, is the Auburn roundabout going to be replaced by a traffic light controlled junction or a flyover and slip roads?

Thansk
    Why are there struts on the medium and either side of the dual carraigeway then being built at the moment? They're just past the Auburn roundabout heading past the travellodge.

Any thoughts on this M50? Thanks

Any thoughts on this M50? Thanks

Those struts are for the last bridge that will be lifted into place. When the work is finished, if you're heading northbound on the M50 and want to head westbound on the N3, you'll come off the M50 on the slip road but instead of using the existing roundabout, you'll cross over the M50 heading eastbound on this new strip before it loops down over the outbound traffic heading towards Blanchardstown and then finally meets up with the other bridge and you will head back over the M50 heading westbound on the new section of N3

If you look at the picture M50 traffic mgt posted a couple of pages back you can see this new bridge

I'm talking about the area between Auburn roundabout and Halfway house. Not the area between Auburn and M50. Are we talking about the same area?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I'm talking about the area between Auburn roundabout and Halfway house. Not the area between Auburn and M50. Are we talking about the same area?

Big? Possibly just over head gantries?

• Advertisement

Looks far too big for gantrys, they're similiar to the ones that are up between Auburn / M50 but not as high at the moment or as many of them.

Supports for a pedestrian bridge maybe? Does be to dark now anytime i pass now, never even noticed

Could well be a pedestrian bridge maybe?? Will have to look again next time I'm passing.

It probably would make sense, surprised the travel lodge never had one. Seems like the junction will end up like the palmerstown lights on the N4, that has an overhead pedestrian bridge iirc

Ah ok, I hadn't noticed them. I must have a look the next time I go by there.

These are simply just bases for gantries. All works cityside of Auburn are just re-laying of the existing surface and upgrading of signage, barriers, gantrys etc. There are no bridges or structures, just gantries advising lane destinations etc

These are simply just bases for gantries. All works cityside of Auburn are just re-laying of the existing surface and upgrading of signage, barriers, gantrys etc. There are no bridges or structures, just gantries advising lane destinations etc

Is the road being widened too when you head east from Auburn Avenue towards the Halfway House?
    All the shrubbery and median appears to have been dug up heading eastbound to near Bradys Esso garage (garage on the townward side of the road)

Heroditas wrote: »
    Is the road being widened too when you head east from Auburn Avenue towards the Halfway House?
    All the shrubbery and median appears to have been dug up heading eastbound to near Bradys Esso garage (garage on the townward side of the road)

Outbound will be widened to three lanes, with a footpath at the verge and permanent barrier in the median. Inbound will remain 2 lanes + bus lane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

M50 do you know when the freeflow lane from Ballymun junct to M50 south will be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

M50 Traffic MGT, how will you get from Blanchardstown village onto the M50 southbound in the new layout? it only seems possible to get M50 northbound or N3 in/outbound?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement