Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Pro Evolution Soccer....??

Options
  • 13-02-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I recently set back up my PS2 alongside the 360. Went into Xtra-Vision and managed to pick up Pro Evo 1, 2 and 3 for €2 each. Myself and a mate played through each version of the game. What I wanna know is...

What version everyone got the most fun out of playing, and why?

The Greatest Pro Evo is.... 129 votes

Pro Evolution Soccer 1
    0%
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    2%
    VokesKinetic^colly54 3 votes
    Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    5%
    billymitchellIm_No_SupermangenericgoonboardinworkMister-M5ShulginBlatter 7 votes
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4
    11%
    BalfaCCCP^AthAnRiGeorgeBaileyfearcruachAngus MacGyvercolman1212kryogenSRFC90Podge2k7djl42003mufc4lfetommy89SuperbusJ Cheever Loophole 15 votes
    Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    10%
    Dont be at yourselfTheStrandRoadsVendettaWaxing the GazaRoyale with CheesekoHdMikeyt086agent 47Smartly DressedJamieKManchoJames_LWAUThe Floyd pFredwardo 14 votes
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    27%
    Mossy MonktuxybrianonCyruscregserbennycevad_lhorgArdentDaysha00sullysalad dodgerFr Clint Powerwingnutshatners basoonXavi6craze7dmigsyBallymun BohsJosey WalesKid Nothing 36 votes
    PES2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 7)
    41%
    PHBTuskymisemijuweemcdkensutzLucious Sweetoklaneacy69Marqjebuzjoe123Call Me JimmyRoartribulusassassin_ielpool2k05saltiewhiskeymanMitch Connor 54 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Pro Evo 6 on PS2.

Still cant put it down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    PES 5 got the balance right between sim and arcade style play.

PES 6 was way too arcadey for my liking. Dribbling the length of the pitch and scoring could be done in every match (plus 30 yard screamers in every game). I thought that's what FIFA was for? I like running the length of the pitch and scoring and 30 yard screamers but there was no sense of achievement in pulling them off in PES 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

PES5, we used to play it in my mates gaf everyday during the 2006 summer. But PES6 is my favourite I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
    PES3, cos it had collina on the cover, and you could actually control a player during throw-ins :]

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I like the new one now, at first I hated it but I stuck with it and now I can't go back to the other ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Whichever is the newest I always prefer to the previous ones. The logic behind that I suppose is that they take the best bits from the previous Pro Evos and then add some new stuff.
    Like the PS3 Pro Evo; it lags a bit, and isn't as comprehensive as the PS2 version but it plays like sex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ive gone back to WE10 on the PS2. Have never played Pro Evo 6 on the PS2 but presuming its mostly the same. Like the new one on the 360, but still think WE10 is more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I recently set back up my PS2 alongside the 360. Went into Xtra-Vision and managed to pick up Pro Evo 1, 2 and 3 for €2 each. Myself and a mate played through each version of the game. What I wanna know is...

What version everyone got the most fun out of playing, and why?

Deffo the new one, but makes no odds really, I can beat you in all of them!!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

PES2008 isn't without it failures, but it still is a class game in its own right.

Still have a warm spot for PES 4 on the xbox though, played the game to death for nearly 3 years right up until I bought my 360 last Chrimbo.

Wasn't a fan of PES 5 with the unbelievably annoying refs blowing up every second.

Bought PES 6 for 6 squid from Xtravision last week. Its close to PES 2008 all right but there a few touches missing from it that are in PES 2008 (like brutal over the top thru ball), which will prob prevent it getting too much game time. Good for a quick game everyso often though.

Its a bit of a stupid question in fairness..... Theres a constant improvement every year so to pick 3 over 4 etc.... isnt very likely!. The best is obvioulsy the new one, its graphics etc... are 10 times better then the older ones but thats to be expected!. However for how much it was played at the time and how enjoyable and new it was id pick 3!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Its a bit of a stupid question in fairness.....

Well my question was an ambiguous one really. It's left up to you to discuss which version you (and your mates) got the most fun out of playing..

But in terms of constant improvements, PES has lost some of it's arcade-ness over the years. I'd often have a few games of earlier versions of PES with my mates, as the tempo is much faster in earlier versions. So I wouldn't simply write off previous versions once a new one appears.

For the record, Pro Evo 4 was the one that got me and my mates hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

People don't like this years one, but I think its the best one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    Has to be the original Pro Evolution Soccer for me.

Twas a massive jump in all areas from ISS Pro Evo 2. And also the reason I went from PS1 -> PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    In terms of memories, Pro Evo 2. God I loved that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

5 had the best editing plus good gameplay. The ref stopped the game a lot for free kicks but besides that the game was class.

PES2008 had good gameplay, terrible editing.

I think PES4 set the standard very high for the rest of the Pro Evo's that followed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Right now, still playing PES6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    ISS98 on N64!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    +1. Thats where it all started for me. Fantastic game.

I shouldn't have sold/traded in my old PES games, it would be nice to have the collection... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Nailz wrote: »
    I shouldn't have sold/traded in my old PES games, it would be nice to have the collection... :(

I managed to pick up ISS 1,2,3 and the remaining Evo's that I didn't already have off Ebay. The commentary from Steve James and Terry Butcher is second to none - "....there's a calm breeze blowing over the pitch....." lol

Wouldn't mind having a session incorporating them all in..

Retro gaming at its best :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

pro 6 on the ps or xbox??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

has to be 6, frequently in our house we debate which was the best, and it always comes back to 6. Ive got a very big soft sport for it, never bothered much with soccer games until i moved in with the crowd i was with, played 5 but was universally hammered, 6 leveled the playing field a little and was where i found my feet, the ball control, passing, shooting etc. are all superior to 2008. The crop of players you had with it (sans edits) also holds a warm place in my heart, back then Real still had Ronaldo, Beckham & Emmerson, Inter still had Recoba and good Adriano etc. etc.

The commentary from Steve James and Terry Butcher is second to none - "....there's a calm breeze blowing over the pitch....."
    Ha! Too true... :) After that retro gaming comment, you should have added one of these > :pac:, would have added something extra! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
    Pro Evolution 3 was the best for me. Also, International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution on the Ps1 was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭smokingman

Played PES6 the most but I'm hoping PES08 Wii will whoop them all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Online I would say PES6
    offline I would say PES2008

in total prob PES6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Here here, some of the goals i scored...

Im getting emotionall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    For gameplay it has to be PES2008 especially on HDMI
    but
    For memories and free kicks more than anything else though it has to be PES2:)

Oh Del Piero:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    Pes 5 on the PC was awesome because it had LAN play. It was a major step backward that none of the subsequent versions do. SystemLink PES on the XBOX would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    FunkZ wrote: »
    Right now, still playing PES6!

Ditto.

Advertisement