Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Pro Evolution Soccer....??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

PES2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 7)
    Has to be pes 6. It is too perfect, it improves on 5 in every way including much better refereeing which was 5's biggest downfall. The shooting, dribbling and particularily the defending are beautiful. People were saying it's too easy to dribble and score crackers, but because the defending is so well done I don't find that is the case so much.

I've only played the new one on xbox 360 so maybe it's not a fair comparison cause I absolutely hate that controller. But I don't think I would prefer it regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Has to be pes 6. It is too perfect, it improves on 5 in every way including much better refereeing which was 5's biggest downfall. The shooting, dribbling and particularily the defending are beautiful. People were saying it's too easy to dribble and score crackers, but because the defending is so well done I don't find that is the case so much.

I've only played the new one on xbox 360 so maybe it's not a fair comparison cause I absolutely hate that controller. But I don't think I would prefer it regardless...

+1 on all accounts! have u been in my brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

the newest one on the Wii simply amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    ISS98 on N64!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭coillcam

event wrote: »
    the newest one on the Wii simply amazing

Without question this pwns all the current 08 variety's. I've the 360 Version and it's waaayyy to easy on 1 player and on 2 player my advantage over lesser players is nullified to the point of farce as opposed to 4/5/6 which were much harder to pick up IMO, maybe Konami specifically dumbed down the basics to make it more enjoyable to the casual gamer. That said on 4/5/6 I played twice as much as now, meh anyways.

Put an Pro Wiivo option on the poll please as it will get my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    5, I used to play this endlessly. Tremendous game. 6 wasn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

2008 on the Wii, great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ilovefrankee@ho

Nobody's left a comment here in ages, but I feel compelled to reply.

I reckon I spent most time on PES2- I had pretty much a whole summer dedicated to Master League on that one (Beckham, Ljungberg, Ronaldo etc...) but I think the most accomplished one was PES 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

PES6 is still the best soccer sim out there. It tailed off after that. Memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    A thread nearly three years old! :eek:

Mine was PES 5. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Roberto Larcos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    I went for PES 5.

To be honest my memories of the first couple are all mashed together. I nearly went for PES 6 because it was the first PES I played online and it worked great on the 360. I still miss having Jeremy Mathieu in Master League. Best PES player ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    Alan Smith was crazy good too in PES5. His stats used to max out in the mid to high nineties!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thats it,I'm going back to pro this year,got fifa this year for a change but just can't seem to like it,come on who's with me?

Also in one of the old pro's maybe 4 or 5 albert luque for newcastle was an absolute beast,could score from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
    Its a bit of a stupid question in fairness..... Theres a constant improvement every year so to pick 3 over 4 etc.... isnt very likely!. The best is obvioulsy the new one, its graphics etc... are 10 times better then the older ones but thats to be expected!. However for how much it was played at the time and how enjoyable and new it was id pick 3!!

Naive view. Latest is not the same as best.

Its very easy to take a step backwards rather than a step forwards.

I think PES has regressed horribly from 6 onwards. Just look at the poll results. 5 & 6 are a nice bit ahead of 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think the old International Superstar Soccer games should be included on the list as they were the predecessor to Pro Evo.

My favour between the ISS games and Pro Evo games had to be ISS Pro '98 which was released when the '98 World Cup was on.

It was a fantastic game. Spent an entire Summer playing international tournaments with my friends. Ronaldo (the original one) was unreal in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fredwardo

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    Naive view. Latest is not the same as best.

Its very easy to take a step backwards rather than a step forwards.

I think PES has regressed horribly from 6 onwards. Just look at the poll results. 5 & 6 are a nice bit ahead of 2008.

This is true, 1 and 2 were great, 4 raised the bar then 5&6 improved on this. After that it went downhill rapidly and what's out there now is shocking.

It was always the gameplay, free movement of players and rockets shots. Now the movement is pants and it's boring to play.

Advertisement