Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Idiotic Boy Racers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Katie_Kiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

kona wrote: »
    no its about a fella who hates boy racers but then claims he *schmokes* them in his grandad wagon.
    and unless it the lowest of the low corsas and fiestas i find this hard to believe as most of the lads around my area drive modded V-tecs and 2l turbo silvias and skylines:D which would eat a 1.6 accord and then stop and eat it again for the laugh
    dont leave the girls out:D;), they create enough feckin mayhem:D

There is no 1.6 165bhp Accord. Just because he hates what you love, doesn't make it OK to slag him off with made up facts.
    There's a chance that he has the current model Accord 2 litre petrol, with 156bhp, which would be more than a match for a 2 litre N/A skyline, and even a 1.5 v-tec Civic. So no point in making claims! And a lot of young fellas in "modded v-tecs" probably only have a V-Tec controller, which in most cases actually reduces the overall power of the engine.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Because people live near these places and having some twit doing donuts at two in the morning makes sleeping difficult. Not to mention if you loose it an run into a building/pole somebody has to pay to fix it. I doubt you will be staying around to fork up the money.Plus if your doing it in front of your mates and you hit them you may seriously injure them. Im not some OAP by the way I work in the motorsport industry and I also race various types of cars.

you didnt read my posts before you started typing - i said middle of no-where with no houses and i said if you were not affecting anyone else in the world which would imply you'd b on your todd. i can accept ur property damage issue though. im not saying i go out and do this, im throwing out a related issue to the ''boy racer'' topic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Katie_Kiss wrote: »
    im just putting it out there like, if it isnt affecting anyone else in the world - why should people go to a track where it costs about 20euro an hour??

Because fcukacting with cars on a public road like that is against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well somebody owns the car park and they wouldn't appreciate it being covered in the tyres marks. I can say from my own personal experience from what I do the majority of the boy racers cant drive to save their life.Most of them think just because they can fly down the M50 at 110mph in a straight line that they are then ready to jump into a F1 car.

Almost...and i say that in the nicest possible way. Almost anyone can drive a car in a straight line down the M50.

Tyre marks...that's why I did it when icy...also because I'd like to keep my tyres intact. And a university owns the car park...I pay them my fees. I pay on occasion to use the carpark which has paid for itself 3 times over and is still levied despite original agreements with that institution.

**Just in case that comment was levelled at me....no way of actually knowing**

• Advertisement

in fairness mr 9er you walked straight into that one. whoever didnt see that coming should have gone to specsavers. :p

in fairness mr 9er you walked straight into that one. whoever didnt see that coming should have gone to specsavers. :p

:D ^

Motor tax still leaves you with a legal duty of care to others. As there were no others around, I was relieved of this duty!

personally speaking because the cars i drive are modified eg lowered 60mm all round, i am forced to drive with care. i tend to do below the spped limit say 45/55mph so i can see potholes before they swallow my car! and with ramps - ramps are there to slow you down, and slow me down they do hahaha i have to crawl over them so i dont rip my exhaust off our catch my splitter on the way off them.

i think most people who care for there modified car drive like this so id say generally speaking its the crappier cars ya have to watch out for.

personally speaking because the cars i drive are modified eg lowered 60mm all round, i am forced to drive with care. i tend to do below the spped limit say 45/55mph so i can see potholes before they swallow my car! and with ramps - ramps are there to slow you down, and slow me down they do hahaha i have to crawl over them so i dont rip my exhaust off our catch my splitter on the way off them.

i think most people who care for there modified car drive like this so id say generally speaking its the crappier cars ya have to watch out for.

i remember in Moate there used to be a ramp, and this boy racer drove past and hit the ramp too hard and destroyed the bumper kit because it was lowered so much..

I broke myself up laughing at him.

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    i remember in Moate there used to be a ramp, and this boy racer drove past and hit the ramp too hard and destroyed the bumper kit because it was lowered so much..

I broke myself up laughing at him.

thats nice of ya! when an old dear falls in the street ill be sure to record it and send it to ya. (only messing but ya do have to be seriously careful in certain cars)

thats nice of ya! when an old dear falls in the street ill be sure to record it and send it to ya. (only messing but ya do have to be seriously careful in certain cars)

Well, this kid was driving a serious sh1tbox of a car.. tackiest number ive seen in a while.

Its just the look of agony on his face as he placed his hand on his head when he heard the crunch that made me break a rib laughing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 harryharry

there cars should be crushed if they are two loud and the one's driving them should be sent to jail for 3 months

harryharry wrote: »
    there cars should be crushed if they are two loud and the one's driving them should be sent to jail for 3 months

because cars are too loud?

because cars are too loud?

No, because hes only 15.

You can say what you like at that age,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 harryharry

yes they are waking people up at night and they are frigthing ld people

i better not buy that ferrari then - i might wake the 'ld' people!

yes they are waking people up at night and they are frigthing ld people

Yes, some of the cars are too loud.

A simple fine would solve this.

is there noise restrictions in place though? like i dont no what ye are classing as loud, if you no wat a twin cam sounds like would u class that as loud? i know a guy who has a astra and it is unreal loud and to be honest it sounds crap and if he passes my house i can still hear him going through the nxt town. i hate loud cars and dont have power cause it is just noise, but the right car with the right exhaust is music to some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

You're not Mr. Campbell, You're Brendan Campbell !!!!!

Search it on youtube, s'funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I have no objection to people who take pride in modifying their cars and maintaining them etc. The problem I have is with the people, generally 17-22, feel obliged to tell me how fast they were able to get from home to work this morning by breaking the speed limit and engaging in dangerous driving. A number of people I work/go to college with always seem to bring this into conversation, and many of them do not drive modified cars. I believe you will see just as many standard Avensis/Mondeo's pulled for speeding as you will modified cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Better watch it or some people on the thread will be calling you a boy racer too;). Apparently I'm one now as well.

Doh! In fairness anybody would have beaten him. He lit up the front wheels and went nowhere fast.

Actually just reading Synpers post there about the damaged car coming over a ramp, it reminds me of a done up Clio I spotted on the way into Swords village about 2 months ago. The wheels were so big, perhaps 19 inch with spacers that they got jammed in the wheel arch. Looked like a gang of his mates came along to help lift the wheel away from the rim of the car. Hardly a great solution.

When I see done up cars I see a bit of a conflict from time to time. Are these folks actually enthusiastic about driving or is it mainly for image. My stock M tech suspension on my E36 and the 15inch rims I put on it means its a great handler. I see no reason to spend thousands on suspension and wheel mods to in many cases, I believe, impair the handling of the car. Many a time I see done up cars, lowered to bits, with huge wheels and crap tyres, sometimes on the wrong way round, and thinking this has to be purely an image thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Biro wrote: »
    There is no 1.6 165bhp Accord. Just because he hates what you love, doesn't make it OK to slag him off with made up facts.
    There's a chance that he has the current model Accord 2 litre petrol, with 156bhp, which would be more than a match for a 2 litre N/A skyline, and even a 1.5 v-tec Civic. So no point in making claims! And a lot of young fellas in "modded v-tecs" probably only have a V-Tec controller, which in most cases actually reduces the overall power of the engine.

Oops. You are correct. Its a 2.0L Vtec. I guess it shows that I'm definitely not a boy racer when I dont even know the BHP of my own car!:cool:

No your supposed to drive your with due care and consideration regardless if you think its safe to do so. Doing donuts and drifting in a car park isn't driving with due care. You defence wouldn't hold up in court if you hit some random person walking through the car park.

I wasn't drifting in a carpark. I wouldn't know how. I wasn't doing donuts, I was braking suddenly on ice, if I got my kicks out of that some would call me sad; but fu<k them. On the other hand I can see your standpoint. I felt slightly unnerved myself and a bit like a scumbag, but you can't be a killjoy all your life and I put nobody in dange AT ANY TIME.

I HAVE STATED: there were NO PEOPLE in the car park so I WOULDN'T HAVE ended up in court for hitting someone. It was 10pm on a Saturday evening, there was security monitoring the carpark. And I'm sure if I'd been causing a nuisance I would have been moved on. Essentially I was having a bit of fun, but at the same time it gave a good outlook for driving on black ice.

is there noise restrictions in place though?

Nope, but revving the **** out of a twin-cam in a housing estate at 1 in the morning would qualify. It's not how good or bad it souds, it's how loud it is.

Though **** sounding modified cars with "back-boxes" whatever the fcuk they are, should be penalised heavier for purposely making the cars louder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

About mucking about in a car park and how it was a heads up on dealing with black ice - you would have been better served by going on a skidpan with an instructor if you were serious about learning how to control a car in extremes. Or going on a rally driving weekend (rally ireland are very good) if you wanted to have a laugh and learn a bit.

Regardless of how many people are around, where it it, what time or who owns the property it is never a particularly smart idea to deliberately provoke a car to the extent that you lose control - like, for example, braking suddenly on ice. Even skilled and trained drivers lose control at the edges and that's why tracks have run off areas, gravel traps, stewards and medics (or at the very least first aiders)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ninty9er wrote: »
    I wasn't drifting in a carpark. I wouldn't know how. I wasn't doing donuts, I was braking suddenly on ice, if I got my kicks out of that some would call me sad; but fu<k them. On the other hand I can see your standpoint. I felt slightly unnerved myself and a bit like a scumbag, but you can't be a killjoy all your life and I put nobody in dange AT ANY TIME.

I HAVE STATED: there were NO PEOPLE in the car park so I WOULDN'T HAVE ended up in court for hitting someone. It was 10pm on a Saturday evening, there was security monitoring the carpark. And I'm sure if I'd been causing a nuisance I would have been moved on. Essentially I was having a bit of fun, but at the same time it gave a good outlook for driving on black ice.

Typical FF!

1/. Do something wrong.
    2/. Wriggle like mad trying to somehow justify it, but failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Doh! In fairness anybody would have beaten him. He lit up the front wheels and went nowhere fast.

Actually just reading Synpers post there about the damaged car coming over a ramp, it reminds me of a done up Clio I spotted on the way into Swords village about 2 months ago. The wheels were so big, perhaps 19 inch with spacers that they got jammed in the wheel arch. Looked like a gang of his mates came along to help lift the wheel away from the rim of the car. Hardly a great solution.

When I see done up cars I see a bit of a conflict from time to time. Are these folks actually enthusiastic about driving or is it mainly for image. My stock M tech suspension on my E36 and the 15inch rims I put on it means its a great handler. I see no reason to spend thousands on suspension and wheel mods to in many cases, I believe, impair the handling of the car. Many a time I see done up cars, lowered to bits, with huge wheels and crap tyres, sometimes on the wrong way round, and thinking this has to be purely an image thing.

It bugs me to see crappy modifications to a car. And directional tyres the wrong way around really bugs me. Those guys aren't true petrol heads, they're worried about image!
    Twin cams with a janspeed aren't all that loud, not all that powerful either though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ninty9er wrote: »

I often walk through a car park near me after 10 at night on the way home from the pub. You never know what somebody is up to. Just look at what your at.

Its possible somebody could walk through the car park and you might hit them. Or hit some dog walking through the car park late at night just wandering around.

Personally I never did stuff like this. If you want to slide around, go to a karting track. There is one in Pallas I go to thats great craic.

Advertisement