Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Cosiest Cafe in Dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone suggest a truly lovely cafe in Dublin??? I'm from Limerick so I hanker after the 'Java's' experience. Anyone from Limerick will know this institution. Redbrick walls. Dark wooden tables, upstairs had a slanted cieling with a fireplace, couches and one of those cushioned wicker basket/chair things hanging from the cieling, so you and your croissant could sway gently while you shot the breeze with friends. Sigh. I actually nearly cried when I came home weekend and the entire site had been demolished. I have never come across anywhere like it in Dublin. They used to do a heated croissant filled with this amazing hot chocolate sauce and cream. We just renamed it 'sex'. Oddly, we were virgins at the time, so it was admirably presumptuous of us to assume sex was as good.

Anywaysy, does anyone know of a nice place to have the cosy cafe experience, or even comfy cafe experience?? Failing that a pub that's cosy and sells coffees and nibbles. One that does fiddly things like soya milk and decaf would be especially wonderful.

Thanks

Sia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Try Café Moda on Rathmines main street. Sounds very much like what you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Thomas St end of Francis St in Dublin 8 has what your looking for also if it's closer. Can't remember what it's called but you can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Went past the place I mentioned above, it's called Caffe Notto.;)

Advertisement