Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with an idea

Options
  • 13-02-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Guys, i dont post here much, but i have some of my tattoos in the il show you mine thread.

Due to work i cant get a sleeve just yet, but i have started on my calf.
    Without wanting to depress the entire of all the users i have lost many friends to crashes and suicides and other tragic events.

I want to dedicate my calf to the memories of the people ive lost in a "sleeve" idea.

I already have a quote tattooed very simply on my calf for them but want to expand it now to a piece.

Please no negative comments, i have enough tattoos and metal to know i wont regret it, i just need some help bringing it all together.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you looking for portaits or what? what ideas do you have in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

no i had considered that but to be honest there are way too many faces and my leg isnt big enough.
    I had considered getting the dates but it seemed too formal and woulnt make up an entire piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

How about picking a style you like....such as old school sailor type, tribal type, japanese etc....then picking things that meant alot to each person and creating something that way...you'll end up with a really nice interesting piece that to random people will just be a nice piece of work but will have an in depth meaning to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

well my back is all tribal so i think il stay with that..
    Its just hard choosing what meant alot to them.
    I think il use the schools chest for part of it but i want it to flow together as a nice piece instead of a collection of odd nice pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Think of something for each person that reminds you of them, try to think then about how you could combine the elements to compliment one another

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

you should talk to a tattoo artist about this. They'd only be too delighted with being asked for an opinion, and you seem to be pretty open-minded about what you would like. :)

Advertisement