Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Fire near Ballysimon Road

Options
  • 13-02-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Left icon last night 2 o clock music was over but there was a student night just finishing up and three firetrucks decided to go up denmark street at 2.o.clock right at the time of 1200 people leaving the club and bar ...THEY TRIED FOR 20 MINS TO PASS UP THE STREET..

this could of got very nasty as they were hanging out of the trucks what if there was an emergency?

wrong place wrong time ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

There has been a big fire near the ballysimon road been burning for about an hour, I can see the flames from my house its pretty big, Does anyone know what it is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its in the industrial estate, is it Crossagalla (I cant remember the exact name)? There were at least 4 units of the fire brigade & gardai at the scene when I passed.

EDIT: Around here - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Limerick+Ireland&ie=UTF8&ll=52.652118,-8.596373&spn=0.004914,0.014334&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Is it the industrial estate across the road from the dunnes and stuff, where that sleek fx place is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

lezizi wrote: »
    Is it the industrial estate across the road from the dunnes and stuff, where that sleek fx place is?

Check my link above, its around that area. I dont know the exact name.

OT: Anyone know wtf happened in Brown Thomas today? I saw all the staff outside in the fire check point area, and two units of the fire brigade at the scene. Does anyone know if there was a fire there?:eek:

EDIT: http://bocktherobber.com/2008/02/limerick-fire

http://www.limerickblogger.org/blog/?p=4762

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Why didn't the 1200 people get onto the footpath and let them pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

It's supposed to be a cold storage unit - I think there was an incident there last year as well. It could have been a gas or chemical leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

cAr0l wrote: »
    Why didn't the 1200 people get onto the footpath and let them pass?
    my sentiments exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I passed right by it on the dual carriageway on my way home from work in Roxboro - very dramatic!

Overheard the story later on, on Clare FM - I thought they said it was a coal storage unit!! :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

If it had been an emergency, there would have been flashing blue lights and a wailing siren to warn all the drunken fools that there is a big fire engine coming through, I mean they're not exactly small!!!!

now lets take a minute to think this through, shall we???

so 3 Fire trucks, decided to drive up a narrow street, when 1200 people are leaving a night club(a vast majority i would presume being scantilly clad young ladies) shock horror!!!!!!:eek:

maybe they drove up that way intentionally?? I say this because if they weren't on a call, then they would really have no reason for going up that street, seeing as william street runs parallel and takes them directly to the fire station....and there were a lot of half naked drunk chicks.

Just an idea. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Any good pix of the fire on the ballysimon road?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0213/9news_av.html?2337046,null,230

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe the Fire Officer sent them down to count the people leaving.....can't see d'Icon being licenced to hold 1,200 people.....

And I'm with the first 2 replies........if an emergency vehicle is trying to get through - GET OFF THE ROAD......there are too many drunken idiots around the town at 2am that should be locked up for an hour or two to cool off.....

Of course, most of them wouldn't even have the cop-on to step onto the path if they were sober!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's the place opposite the halting site on Childers Road afaik. The traffic was still chaotic there this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Mods could we merge similar topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

1,200 people dont fit on a footpath!

A no seriously i doubt that 1,200 is exaturating, friends of mine went there last nite, said they couldnt budge in the place and they never stopped letting people in. It's probly going to take a death or a near miss to make em cop on.

ellenmelon wrote: »
    Mods could we merge similar topics?

Arent they totally separate topics?:confused:

I have to agree with sierra oscar here, the only thing that makes them similar is the fact that the word fire is in both threads.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

roadruner wrote: »

Get your priorities straight! Any pics of the half naked chicks? :D

My commiserations to those whose work is affected by the fire of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Maybe the Fire Officer sent them down to count the people leaving.....can't see d'Icon being licenced to hold 1,200 people.....

It actually has a higher capacity than 1200. Fact.

lezizi wrote: »
    There has been a big fire near the ballysimon road been burning for about an hour, I can see the flames from my house its pretty big, Does anyone know what it is?
    DJKAV wrote: »
    Left icon last night 2 o clock music was over but there was a student night just finishing up and three firetrucks decided to go up denmark street at 2.o.clock right at the time of 1200 people leaving the club and bar ...THEY TRIED FOR 20 MINS TO PASS UP THE STREET..

this could of got very nasty as they were hanging out of the trucks what if there was an emergency?

wrong place wrong time ...
    roadruner wrote: »

Right are talking about Denmark streets 1200 clubbers or
    the fire at the crossagalla industrial estate or
    Pictures of the fire GEEEEEEEEEEEZ :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

foinse wrote: »
    I have to agree with sierra oscar here, the only thing that makes them similar is the fact that the word fire is in both threads.:rolleyes:

there were two posts asking about a/the fire and another seperate post asking for pictures...and they were merged soooo....im right your wrong ;):D

The garbage heap has spoken :D

ellenmelon wrote: »
    there were two posts asking about a/the fire and another seperate post asking for pictures...and they were merged soooo....im right your wrong ;):D

no you're not,:D if that's the case, then those posts were off topic and the people who posted them should have been directed to the other thread, the way it is now there are 2 distinctly different topics being discussed here, 1, The fire on the Ballysimon Road, and 2, why 3 fire engines were driving up Demark street at club kicking out time.

It would have been much easier to simply tell the posters that there was already another thread discussing the topic they were questioning and then have the posts moved there, now all we have is 1 confusing thread.

I motion that the threads be separated all in favour???;):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The threads were merged. I should know I merged them.

As for the rest of your post, let the mods decide what should and shouldn't be done and get back on topic.

There were at least four threads here relating to the crossegala fire when i came on here last night.

The threads were merged. I should know I merged them.

As for the rest of your post, let the mods decide what should and shouldn't be done and get back on topic.

There were at least four threads here relating to the crossegala fire when i came on here last night.

The garbage heap has spoken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

All i wanted to know why the fire brigade had to drive up that street at that time when william street is a straight street right up to their door ! Everybody knows stundents especially students on rag week are messy .

As for the storage fire we have never seen anything like that here in a long long time ..

Advertisement