Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant & Bars in Galway City

Options
  • 13-02-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I'm travelling to Galway for a hen weekend at the end of March and I wanted to book a nice restaurant in around the Eyre Sq location (something to suit most: steak house, Italian or Chinese) for 20 people.

Also looking for any good bars/clubs around Eyre Sq. Had a look at the Cuba webpage and it seems like it could be good. Any other clubs around? Friday and Saturday nights are the nights we'll be out, eating out Friday, partying on Saturday night.

We have a cowgirl theme on Saturday night, just cowgirl hats, t-shirt and jeans - do you know if that would be allowed into Cuba or any other clubs around?

Thanks in advance guys and gals ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Well TBH all the craic is down the other end of shop street.You'll have a better time around quay st, cross st etc.Not too sure about the outfits but honestly plenty of decent pubs serve late and all are better than the nightclubs.As far as an eatery hmmmm too many to mention.

PS:You'll most likely get a few loyal Domnick St supporters here, trust me for a hen night its a big NO NO.Actually a bunch of hens would suit the Skeff(Eyre Square) down to the ground, but its a ****hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks a million, we'll head towards the better end of town so, thanks again.

****holes might work for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

The Quays upstairs will be perfect for your hen night too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks MattKid, will defo try there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bullvine wrote: »
    We have a cowgirl theme on Saturday night, just cowgirl hats, t-shirt and jeans - do you know if that would be allowed into Cuba or any other clubs around?

Nope: with a theme like that, you'll be stopped at passport-control in the station, turned around and put on the next train home.

Sorry.

NOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hens and stags never cross the river, fortunately :p
    Kings Head, Skeff, Quays, Front Door - all of these (in the same area) welcome larger parties. Even dressed up ones. They also have food early in the evening.
    Kings Heads pizza is actually nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Lemongrass is great for parties..... it's changed names now....... damn I cant think what its called but it's beside the spanish arch, they always do parties with some great cocktails, I recommend the Bellini's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Was in Ming Garden(above Cellar) a few weeks back and they had a stag and hen going on.The staff were pretty laid back about the banter and cheering going on, although neither group were rowdy(top tip) and the other diners were not put out either. Good vibe in there the whole evening.Anyway, you're only a stones throw from the square or a stroll down to Quays etc(small town,loads of pubs.....godsend)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try Kirbys (Busker Brownes) for dinner; they're pretty god for large groups.

Advertisement