Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of ownership??? Irish Broadband

Options
  • 13-02-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm an Irish Broadband customer - had ripwave for about 2years and then switched to breeze back in December.

My landlord is selling my house and I'm moving out this weekend. I informed Irish bband about this at the start of the month and they said it should be no hassle moving it but of course I'm moving into an apartment so they won't be able to install it there.

They have suggested that I try and get one of my friends to take over the contract (!!!) or else I am stuck paying it:(

Does anyone have any suggestions for me - I really don't want to have to pay them for the rest of the year but its looking like I have no other option.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

ams wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I'm an Irish Broadband customer - had ripwave for about 2years and then switched to breeze back in December.

My landlord is selling my house and I'm moving out this weekend. I informed Irish bband about this at the start of the month and they said it should be no hassle moving it but of course I'm moving into an apartment so they won't be able to install it there.

They have suggested that I try and get one of my friends to take over the contract (!!!) or else I am stuck paying it:(

Does anyone have any suggestions for me - I really don't want to have to pay them for the rest of the year but its looking like I have no other option.....

Surely there is some sort of a "get out" fee which you have to pay to get out of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

no apparently not.

The two options they offered were

1. Transferring it to another address.

I didnt think this would be a problem but I didn't realise they couldnt install it in apartment blocks.

2. Transfer the ownership to another person.

Well that's their problem if they cannot install their equipment at your new address. Have you read your T & C's?

Yeah I have and they have it covered unfortunately:

The Subscriber shall:
    2.6.1 promptly notify Irish Broadband in writing if the Equipment is to be moved to a premises not being the Premises. Irish Broadband provides no warranty or any form of guarantee as to the connectivity to the Services at such new premises, and assumes no liability whatsoever if it is unable to provide the Services at the new premises. If the Service is not available at the new premises, this Agreement shall terminate upon the date upon which Irish Broadband is given access to de-install the Equipment from the Premises. If such de-installation occurs prior to the expiry of the Minimum Subscription Period, the Subscriber shall be liable in full for the charges in respect of the remainder of the Minimum Subscription Period unless Irish Broadband decides otherwise.;

That is brutal, how can that be fair? It's not your problem they are unable to install their service at the new address and for this you must pay the remainder of your contract which will be wasted money. How long have your got left?

• Advertisement

I only installed it in December but of course didn't forsee the landlord wanting to sell the house:rolleyes:.

I know what I would be doing, cancel DD, pack up and move to my new address. They are just bullying you.

Am v. tempted to do that but am a bit worried they will send the bad boys after me!

They are coming to uninstall it on Friday anyway so they will have their equipment back.

Yea could be dicey alright, im sure if you were in your last few months of subscription they would'nt be so hard on you...but December!?!?!?!? Ouch!!

Advertisement