Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounding board

Options
  • 13-02-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

dudara wrote: »
    Why are you asking other people's opinions? You need to decide what you want to do for yourself. QUOTE]

IMO a totally pointless reply, surely that just negates the point of PI? Everybody needs a sounding board at some stage. Of course she will decide for herself, but often bouncing ideas off others helps us to focus.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As Beruthiel said and I agree with it.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    What difference does the opinion of others matter with regards to this? Everyone has their own idea about what suits them. It makes not a jot of difference what anyone else thinks. It all comes down to what the both of you think.

Also, we don't want soap operas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Victor wrote: »

we don't want soap operas.

The Soap Opera forum will be disappointed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

IMO a totally pointless reply, surely that just negates the point of PI? Everybody needs a sounding board at some stage. Of course she will decide for herself, but often bouncing ideas off others helps us to focus.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this mystery poster ... unless its someone I dont like then I think they should be banned for questioning a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

It was I who wrote that response to Dudara, I thought it was an acceptable post, I 'attacked' the post, not the poster but I'm getting the impression I should not have because my post was moved here. Is it because my response was directed at a mod? Or did I say something awful? Not really sure what the reasoning is behind it but I did not mean to cause offence.

@ Victor/ Beruthiel - it might seem to you that other people's opinions do not matter in this context but clearly it matters to the OP or they wouldn't have posted in the first place. Is it really fair to belittle (as I see it) the OP's problem just because you don't think other people's opinions matter in this case? You don't want to give an opinion , then don't, but it doesn't mean others can't? Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I'm not trying to start a row, I'm just unsure about the PI forum now given that EVERYTHING on it is personal opinion but it seems that certain mods aren't allowng room for that now IN THIS PARTICULAR THREAD.

Advertisement