Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Update Today?

• 13-02-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering, my Vista machine downloaded 11 Updates last night, any one know what they were for?

I selected the option to download them and switch off the machine so didnt watch them installing. Coincidentally, or not, my internet seems to be running a bit slower since.

Also the network symbol seems to be missing from the systray ever since, very weird.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Weirder and weirder, the toolbar is now gone light blue and when I went to switch the network indicator back on it was greyed out. Very odd.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purer.than.you

Thanks for the link rkm.

Cheers RKM but I couldnt spot anything to explain the disappearance of the network icon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing bad happened here (apart from being nagged to reboot so they could install!)

Mike.

• Advertisement

What version of Vista are you using Mike?

Cannot get that bloody network icon back. Wouldnt care usually but having fierce problems with wireless netwoks lately.

mike65 wrote: »
    Nothing bad happened here (apart from being nagged to reboot so they could install!)

Mike.

Same as this for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

My updates failed to install twice despite the two reboots.

Third time was a charm tho.

I had 8 install; 2 failed. Rebooted and the final 2 installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

bigkev49 wrote: »
    What version of Vista are you using Mike?

Cannot get that bloody network icon back. Wouldnt care usually but having fierce problems with wireless netwoks lately.

Do a system restore. I had to yesterday morning.
    When I booted up I was greeted by a new desktop and all my personal folders were empty but all the programs were still installed and working.

Then I opened Outlook and it was blank, all emails and account settings were gone. Thankfully a system restore to the previous day worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

32 bit home ed

Mike.

System restore wasnt needed. When I booted up this morning everything was back where it should be.

Still very odd though.

Cheers for replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,941 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got mine in fine. All security updates basically werent they?

Cant say Im having any problems on my end whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

My laptop installed I think 15 updates today. It has been rebooting and "configuring updates" since 1 o'clock today. Obviously something wrong now because it shouldn't take this long? It was 195mb update. I can't cancel it down and it keeps rebooting. Any thoughts to what I can do please? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

try booting it in "last known good configuration, or have they dropped that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

mukki wrote: »
    try booting it in "last known good configuration, or have they dropped that?

tried that, didn't help. I did get into windows again but now it's slow as hell. It won't shut down unless I cold boot it. It won't open windows restore and it won't connect to my wireless network. Have been having alot of trouble lately connecting to network. It's only a month old laptop (dell 1520). I have a 2-3 yr old 9300 (on now) with XP and have never had trouble with it. I know it's nothing to do with the laptop, obviously vista

***I just had to do re install again after the update. Seems fine again.

Advertisement