Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV - Argos

• 13-02-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

I was flicking through the latest Argos catalogue to see that they are saying that GTAIV is out on the 8th of March?

I thought it was the end of April???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I wouldn't count on argos being correct, their information would be a lot older...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

those books are printed a long time ago and that was probably the information they were given at the time of print.

devil may cry 4 was printed for 28th of Feb for release, but we did release on 8th like everyone.

We then got a fax saying no more to be sold that we "broke the release" date and will get fined.

I then sent a fax as a store assisstant to a head of marketing and our legal office, explaining how the game was due for global launch on the 8th and that once another company is selling it we are elligable to sell to with no penalty.

muppets.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

DM - Do you think Argos will have a reasonable stock level of games for launch date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

No. 10 at most. They get thrown whatever from England. And stores themselves cant order or request to be given more.

I think we will have alot on release day.

The powers that be have sent out numerous memos talking about the gaming market. They have said we will be getting a good amount of stock.

like for halo we got over 70, pgr over 50,

i assume we will get alot in, and i did sent a letter warning marketing to send out posters advertising the game release and to allow for pre-ordering

im keeping an eye on progress and ill be checking when i can reserve

(im able to reserve along time ebfore customers)

So when it comes up I'll give everyone a shout and will arrange if you like to have it reserved for you

piece of mind that you will get it for definite, and also for 55 euro :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

I think we will have alot on release day.

The powers that be have sent out numerous memos talking about the gaming market. They have said we will be getting a good amount of stock.

like for halo we got over 70, pgr over 50,

i assume we will get alot in, and i did sent a letter warning marketing to send out posters advertising the game release and to allow for pre-ordering

im keeping an eye on progress and ill be checking when i can reserve

(im able to reserve along time ebfore customers)

So when it comes up I'll give everyone a shout and will arrange if you like to have it reserved for you

piece of mind that you will get it for definite, and also for 55 euro :)

is it only gonna be €55?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

if it is then hats off !!!!
    what store is he talking about anywayz>?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

I want GTA IV now ffs, come on ye basta**s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

they meant 8th of March 2009 :p

knowing argos!

when the cat was printed the game was to be released on the 8th of march, but due to rockstar the game was delayed.

the game goes on sale in argos 29th of april, or 28th cant remember, but youll only get it on that date.

price will be whats stated in cat, as far as i know 59.99

and after being in touch with the warehouse staff, they have said it will be shipped to stores on the 11th of may, obviously i was asking " wtf " but they were fairly adament.

but the nthats argos thats generally full of ignorant stupid priks so im sure we will see it release day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

do u think employee's at argos and other retailers are opening gta4 the minute they get it and playing it before everone else?? i always wondered about that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Phil01 wrote: »
    do u think employee's at argos and other retailers are opening gta4 the minute they get it and playing it before everone else?? i always wondered about that....

There always is some employees that would probably rob the game or whatever before its actually released. Usually week or couple days before a big game is released theres people on the net with pictures of the game and picture of it in game on the tv etc. don't think that can be stopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Why does it have to be released at the end of the month when we have to pay all are bills and rent?

Advertisement