Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdrop required

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Need a backdrop designed and produced for an upcoming trade show in 4 weeks. Ideally looking for a striking visual (have basic idea) which will be outputted to large canvas or similar and tacked to stud partition.

Not looking for a Pop Up display have all that already. We're planning to build a stud wall (framework) apprx dimensions 5m (L) x 2m (H) and we'd like to have a single sheet (paper or poly paper whatever but reasonable resilient) that we can fix to stud frame and catch the eye of passing traffic etc.

So need some graphics input and then the hardcopy (large format yeah).

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

It would be great if you could tell us what you have in mind? Any links to examples of what your vision is for this backdrop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Essentially a close of green planting but with a clever inclusion of a flower, our company logo and a short caption. I need help to do the visual and where can I get large format print 5mx2m? You know a billboard type poster and ideally on a material that would be reasonably resilient /tear proof but offer good print definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Contact Tara in selectdigital.ie, I'd let them handle the design as well if I were you.

Cheers Minikin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

We do these all the time....Any sign company will be able to do this, PM me if you wish. 5mm Foamex would be suitable material to use.

4880*2440mm should cost approx €350-€400, full digital print onto foamex

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote: »
    We do these all the time....Any sign company will be able to do this, PM me if you wish. 5mm Foamex would be suitable material to use.

4880*2440mm should cost approx €350-€400, full digital print onto foamex

Forgot about foamex - not a bad idea, but transporting foamex panels to event might be awkward. Handle with care and all of that.

Out of interest, thinking about re-usability, what would it cost to have (using your dimensions) an external canvas printed up similar to those you see like temporary billboards?

We could remove and roll up for next event?

I'm looking for an alternative and get from those hassles with pop up displays and panels out of alignment because of problems with magnetic strips etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Forgot about foamex - not a bad idea, but transporting foamex panels to event might be awkward. Handle with care and all of that.

Out of interest, thinking about re-usability, what would it cost to have (using your dimensions) an external canvas printed up similar to those you see like temporary billboards?

We could remove and roll up for next event?

I'm looking for an alternative and get from those hassles with pop up displays and panels out of alignment because of problems with magnetic strips etc etc.

If you budget for approx €50-€60 per square metre of digital print you won't be far wrong, and then it would depend on your substrate.

For an 8ft*4ft external banner on exterior grade PVC/Canvas, you're looking at approx €220+VAT

Advertisement