Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random cute pictures of my chinchillas and their new(ish) cage

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Thought you might like to see some cute pictures of the chinchilla horde :D I posted these elsewhere too.

This is what the cage looks like in the catalog:

TOWERNEW.jpg
    It's a two story ferret cage.

This is what it looks like now:
    102_5234.JPG
    (note the escaping chinchilla bum in the pic)

A close up of the top part:
    102_5207.JPG
    It has two houses, three large branches, a hammock, two hay hangers, three bowls - one food, one dried flowers/leaves & one dried stalks/leaves as well as a sand bath and a water bottle.

Opening the door of the top part gets this reaction:
    102_5224.JPG

or if you wait a minute you can catch them in the act:
    102_5227.JPG
    (note the patch of missing paint behind Milly - we still don't know how they got at the wall!)

The tubing between the two parts is holding up well :rolleyes::
    102_5223.JPG

The bottom part is used to sleep in and to escape from:
    102_5235.JPG
    It also has another two houses, two foodbowls with dried grasses/leaves/bark, some rabbit toys, a plastic platform, a sandbath, a water bottle and some branches.

There's cardboard around the cage to catch the worst of the dry mess that falls from the cage - a quick hoover deals with the worst of it then.

Carwash kindly dropped by with some extra hay after I discovered that Mr Mintoe Pissy Pants had had a widdle in the existing bag and I was telling her the story of the time we discovered marauding chinchillas one morning that had escaped from their cage. Overnight the little feckers had ripped several keys off my keyboard. :D

They're cute, but clever :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

They're so cute and look very happy! Nice to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They looks adorable hun - do you still have my little man??

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They looks adorable hun - do you still have my little man??

I'm going to say that's him escaping in the last pic but I'll need to check when I get home to be sure. :D

Advertisement