Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Nights In These Clubs.........

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

theres a number of clubs ive been wanting to try in town as im sick of going to the ones i always go to so could people let me know what these clubs are like on a saturday and what kinda music is played.ive checked websites but theyre all either vague or havent been updated

RI-RA/GLOBE
    ROGUE
    DAME LANE
    SIN
    SPY/WAX

cheers for any replys and help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Dame Lane isn't a club, it's a late night bar.
    Wax was empty last time I was there on a Saturday night (and this was after 11) so we went elsewhere even though we'd paid in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

If you pick up a copy of the event guide it should tell you whats on in different nights in these clubs. Had been wanting to go try out Rouge for ages so went with the boyf and his work buddies - they got a bit of a shock when they realised it was gay night!!

Spy/wax is usually decent and spy is now hosting the remedy gigs which were in the TBMC last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Sin plays a lot of RnB on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

df1985 wrote: »
    theres a number of clubs ive been wanting to try in town as im sick of going to the ones i always go to so could people let me know what these clubs are like on a saturday and what kinda music is played.ive checked websites but theyre all either vague or havent been updated

RI-RA/GLOBE
    ROGUE
    DAME LANE
    SIN
    SPY/WAX

cheers for any replys and help.

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Found this website gives a fairly definitive list of night clubs, and their closing times: www.dublinnightclubs.ie.

Where are the best places to get late service? Coppers on a Saturday serves till after half 3 and Viper Rooms finishes up at God knows what hour, 4 anyways. Where else? (I realise the above too are a bit kippy for sure!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Was in Sin tonight the place was empty and freezing cold so we left around half ten to go to bruxelles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah, the party starts at 12 you should have stayed longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Tragedy wrote: »
    Was in Sin tonight the place was empty and freezing cold so we left around half ten to go to bruxelles.
    Half ten?? Surely any club is going to be empty at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

jdivision wrote: »
    Dame Lane isn't a club, it's a late night bar.
    Wax was empty last time I was there on a Saturday night (and this was after 11) so we went elsewhere even though we'd paid in

Actually I don't think 4 Dame Lane is all that bad. It is technically a late bar, yeah, but certainly upstairs there's space to dance, and the music is yer average kind of chart music, so tolerable to most tastes. However "after 11" is way too early to be judging it. It doesn't tend to fill until after the normal pubs close, so 12 sees it getting lively.

OP - somewhere else to try might be Crawdaddy. I've only been in there once (and it was for a gig) but it seemed pretty lively. Both myself and my mate said we'd go again, which is rare as she's not a music pub person ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Sin is a weird combo eirebhoy and a few years ago would have been packed to the rafters by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

spy/wax is gay on a saturday

• Advertisement
Advertisement