Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My tattoo- Whats its meaning... anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Makaveli wrote: »
    Quick google got it, http://modblog.bmezine.com/2007/02/23/drugail-saor/ .

She claims she researched it for 2 years before getting it. An apostrophe instead of a fada, the wrong word for drug(s) and the grammar written as it would be in English. Fail.
    what does that mean sounds like 'Drunken Sailor':D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

means 'free drugs' in irish

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It does mean "luck" according to the Chinese lad here.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Em_2008 wrote: »
    my friend's boyfriend went in to get "friend" tattooed on his neck n he went to tokyo a year or so after for work and found out it meant "mentally deranged"

Thats not a mishap, thats an awesome upgrade. I wish i were branded mentally deranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

what's stopping you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kansaki

davis lu wrote: »
    Hi Kansaki. It's just OK,however Chinese see it will consider the meaning: lucky, or somethig like u hold your fate.

Thank you!! Its barely seen anyway cos hair does be down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 elegant_hobo

Hey, yeh it means fortune, my mate has the same tatoo and had exactly the same dilemma when sumone told him it didnt mean luck, but he checked it out and its jus a slightly different version of the word with the same meaning

Advertisement