Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice Indian takeaway?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Look's like i'm gonna be stuck up here this weekend, GF is gonna come up for a night. I'd like to head out for a meal but she insists on just chilling out with a DVD and takeaway (Nice for my wallet too!).... So can anyone recommend a nice Indian takeaway, or resturant that does takeaway preferably.

I know there's a place beside the water, between Revenue and Domino's pizza, and I know of another place that's on that little hill of a road in the town where there's some statue in the middle of the road at the bottom (I'm great with Sligo street names me!)

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Oh for the love of God. You just had to bring it up again didn't you? :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055195316

Right, thats it, I'm ordering...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I don't want a Curry this time though.... :D

Your Valentines Night activities are none of my concern.

But if you want to talk Indian....:)

Note I said WEEKEND :D

Unfortunately i'm in college on Thurs and the GF is working so no romance until Friday. However, I can just go out and buy roses and cards on Friday morning ad knock-down prices... JohnCleary you genius :D:D:D (Ah i'll be an economist yet.... buy your roses on Feb 15th 2008 at half price... for Valentines day 2009!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Jeez John I hope no one shows this link to your girlfriend. Thats should put a stop to the whole bargain basement romance stuff. :D
    (Are the cards cut price too?)

I am with Sueme on asian food option. Would people stop mentioning the c word. Can ye not think of anything else? Its especially cruel when you arent within a 20 mile radius of a curry house. Doh! :eek::(:eek::(:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ooh what's that place up on Pearce Road? Dammit I can't remember the name of it! I'll find out when the guys get into work and I'll post it then. It's quite nice. I've had take-aways from there before. I'm not much into indian but i ate it so I suppose that would be a good sign! :)

Ok I googled! The Village Tandoori. Pearse Road, Sligo. (071) 9151948

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I happen to have some inside information that the Indian down at the keys 'Sizzler' have brand new Tandoori ovens (very important) so have the best Tandoori and Tikka dishes in Sligo. I would pass on the starters though as they all taste deep fried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What's wring with the taste of deep fried? You can't beat a bit of grease!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

What's wring with the taste of deep fried? You can't beat a bit of grease!

I agree fried is good but they do mixed starters and obviously throw them all into the fryer together which means you can't distinguish between your veg samosa and your lamb kebab.

lubie76 wrote: »
    I agree fried is good but they do mixed starters and obviously throw them all into the fryer together which means you can't distinguish between your veg samosa and your lamb kebab.

The lamb kebab is the chewy one.

• Advertisement

Does that place between Dominos and the Revenue (Beside the river) do takeaway? Might get one from there for the convenience

Failing that i'll go to the one on Pearse Road methinks

My personal choice would be KFC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sizzler = Kip

Sizzler is the one beside Domino's? Haven't been there. Don't like the look of it.

OK so someone else give me a recommendation!

Classic India on Market Street 071 9147700

sueme wrote: »
    Classic India on Market Street 071 9147700

Sound. If it's not nice im goign to hunt you down :D

If you don't like it, and hunt me down, could you bring the leftovers please. :D

If you don't like it, and hunt me down, could you bring the leftovers please. :D

I'll bring you what comes out ;)

The place your talking about is the place up from that statue in teh middle of the road, right? Kinda opposite a dodgy lookin bar with the prices on the wall outside? (The bar that is?)

I presume they do takeaway and its not just an eat-in?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'll bring you what comes out ;)

The place your talking about is the place up from that statue in teh middle of the road, right? Kinda opposite a dodgy lookin bar with the prices on the wall outside? (The bar that is?)

I presume they do takeaway and its not just an eat-in?

Thats the one. Really nice in there too.

The dodgy bar, called Harrys. :)

Thats the one. Really nice in there too.

I can only presume by this statement that you are blind.

• Advertisement

I can only presume by this statement that you are blind.

:confused: Why?

The decor is dreadful. I hate eating anywhere that has carpets - especially ones from the 1970s.

The decor is dreadful. I hate eating anywhere that has carpets - especially ones from the 1970s.

I'm not eating the decor. Its certainly not to my taste, but it dosn't bother me in the slightest.

Fair enough - but you said it's "nice in there". I presumed you mean the place was nice inside. Yep - the food's good, but personally, I find the whole dark dried blood red pallatte of colours oppressive & disturbing. I'd rather get a take away & bring it home. I've a nice kitchen. :)

Decor doesn't really bother me much either if the food is good and the place is clean!

takola wrote: »
    Decor doesn't really bother me much either if the food is good and the place is clean!

I'm a fussy bytch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I'm not eating the decor.

LOL

MikeySligo wrote: »
    I'm not eating the decor.

LOL

She's obviously not a carpet muncher so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I would have to say Popadom on O Connell street for a takeaway so far. Am keen to try Classic but seems to open late and although opens in day shuts again. The one on the quays is poor i am afraid.
    If you want to eat in and like asian in general it would be Lemongrass. Dont know whether they do takaway but it woudlnt be the same.
    If you really want a fantastic curry head to carrick on Shannon. (visit Leitrim threads, someone should!)

Hey the whole thing about Curry houses decor is you expect a certain amount of kitch not ikea. Have ye not done Brick lane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

paprika on pearse road beside ulster bank is the best takeaway having tried them all. excellent online menu too and good service

Advertisement