Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacing punto door mirror

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

anyone know where I can get instructions on how to replace a door mirror on a mk11 punto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's simple,

To replace the whole unit you need to open the door, remove the triangular plastic piece and just undo 3 bolts, think they may be torx or something odd. they may be allen bolts too.

To replace the glass, you just firmly pull off the old glass and click in the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    it's simple,

To replace the whole unit you need to open the door, remove the triangular plastic piece and just undo 3 bolts, think they may be torx or something odd. they may be allen bolts too.

To replace the glass, you just firmly pull off the old glass and click in the new one.

I'm not phoning you on Who Wants To Be A Millionare anyway!

replacing a mirror unit on a Punto:

There is one phillips headed screw under a blanker the triangle plastic, remove the blanker and unscrew.

Carefully remove plastic (i've broken many) and work it off.

Unscrew mirror adjuster under the plastic gater.

There is a large plastic bolt holding on the mirror bout the same circumference as a end of box of pringles.

get a ''Pointy'' nose plyars and unscrew the plastic bolt.

then do steps in reverse

they are fairly simple to do once ya know but unfortunately no one is a expert at everything

except me:D:eek:

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My bad, I think I was thinking of my Bravo - or one of the other Italian scrapheaps I've owned.

Advertisement