Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iradio102 - my opinion

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Has anyone heard that new radio station yet, 102 to 104. Must admit I was impressed the first day. website looked v good, but it is not updated even when the presenters say send stuff to it, there's no change. the news headlines on it give the super tuesday result, but nothing since.
    Tommy and Hector were pretty good for a while last week, but my fear is that this is not sustainable. Nobody I spoke to knew it had even started. very bad pr that it had started or maybe there will be an official opening and all that.
    Music was good but what is really grating is the talk of the presenters. they seem to be talking to themselves with injokes about what happened in the canteen. they are obv very inexperienced in the radio game and they need to have a boss to tell them to calm down. they are shouting a lot. even the news readers seem to be shouting out the news. The sport is a joke as none of the readers apart from one australian guy seemed to know who or what they were talking about. Sport is the one area where you can get caught out as if you are b-s-ing, you will be found out and in this regard this station's sport has been found out. Household footballer names being said very very wrongly. Sport is more than just reading a sheet of lines.
    The breakfast show is v good. the wes guy and the girl (forget her name) are energetic but at the right level. The rest of the presenters just seem to like saying **** and arse on the radio, but that's not a way to appeal to the youth market. Sorry for going on so long, i just am interested in this stuff. Will it shake up other stations. I dont think so because nobody knows they are there. It sounds very much like flirt fm but at the moment, flirt is just a bit better, which is a lot to say for a station that has a lot of bucks behind it, even some from my old mate Johnny Mannion in the RD. Which reminds me, set them up JM, I;ll be down for one in 15.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I had been invited to the official opening party a while back but it's been posponed for some reason. Seems like it was hard to get the station off the ground but if they have quality shows it should snowball. I lived in Cork when Red FM first came on air. You'd think they wouldn't have had a shot in the market but they really won alot of people over early on by offering something different. As long as we're not looking at the makings of GalwayBay FM part deux here then they should do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BlackSnake Moan

Hmmm you seem to be very interested "Man on the Street" in this "stuff" as you put it. It seems its only Galway media you comment on.... I wonder why???

It will be interesting to hear your opinion in a couple of weeks........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 manonthestreet

Fair enough. I agree, that my opinion is bound to change, because I like a lot about the intention of the station, but you have to agree that it is well short of what it promised so far. I mean, a presenter telling a listener to eff off on air is not acceptable, even if a puerile attempt to get street-cred. As for your comment re my interest in media, I think i said in an earlier post about my intentions. I work in a media-related business, but not the sexy side, more the number crunching, strategic side. Chow amigo:o

Advertisement