Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Notification

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

I had a look around and can't see any postings about this, so here goes...

I haven't been receiving any email notifications for subscribed threads. It started, or rather stopped happening a couple of days ago. I checked my settings and I have them turned on. Any ideas?

thanks

P
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My email notification has been rather erratic for a while too.
    Dupilcate mails are also arriving sometimes a couple of days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was actually going to post something about this. I'm getting email notifications for threads I'm suscribed to even though I turned it off a few days ago. At first I figured that they were maybe email notifications for threads I suscribed too before I changed the settings but I'm getting them for new threads too. It's not all threads I suscribe to, just some. Tis very strange. Is something up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

guys, I still can't get any notification emails. I have tried disabling/enabling, but no joy. Does anyone know if other people are having this issue and if there is anyway I can correct it? Important threads are going un-read! ;)

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I would try posting in the help desk forum if I was you. Also what kind of email are you using, have you checked your SPAM folder?.

I would try posting in the help desk forum if I was you. Also what kind of email are you using, have you checked your SPAM folder?.

Oh, ah :o Oh, look! A bear!

I must hang my head in shame here.

Email notification appears to be working fine, must go annoy Gmail about why they think boards is spam all of a sudden!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Raam wrote: »
    Oh, ah :o Oh, look! A bear!

I must hang my head in shame here.

Email notification appears to be working fine, must go annoy Gmail about why they think boards is spam all of a sudden!

When deleting or archiving old boards email you may have clicked "Report Spam" by accident. Its right in between those two buttons. I have done it before. They would then mark all other mail from boards for your account as spam. Just click on the boards mails in your spam folder and click not spam, should be all good then.

When deleting or archiving old boards email you may have clicked "Report Spam" by accident. Its right in between those two buttons. I have done it before. They would then mark all other mail from boards for your account as spam. Just click on the boards mails in your spam folder and click not spam, should be all good then.

More than likely that's what I did, cheers mate.

Advertisement